mach 460 problems

hi_po_heads

Established Member
this thing has not worked since i got the car but i have just dealt with it. now i am ready to install something different. the problem is only the tweeters and rear deck speakers work but they are just high pitch and no bass at all. i have changed fuses in the fuse box, put in different stereo and cd player, and traced wires in the car but cannot get the system to work. also if i leave the fuse in for the radio it drains my battery dead.

does anyone else have experience like this? I am getting ready to install a new system if i cant get this fixed, and i assume i will have to run all new wires to get the problem fixed. let me know what you think.

wraitherlx

Established Member
did you install an aftermarket radio? if so did you get the harness that has the main power plug as well as another plug with the RCA pigtail to it? also what year is your car?

01Dave

Established Member
IIRC, the driver-side rear amp drives the speakers that aren't workign for you. I had the same thing happen after I upgraded my head unit at Car Toys. After replacing the amp, the speakers all worked fine.

Another thing I should mention, it has been my experience and the experience of an installer I trust (not the guy from Car Toys) that it is very difficult if not impossible to get the audio to sound "right" when connecting an aftermarket head unit to the stock 460 amps. I don't know much about the electrical side of things, but I gather that it is something to do with the impedance(?) of the amps. Could be way off there. Anyway, the point I wanted to make is, if you are going to replace the head unit, you should look into replacing the amps and wiring too so you will have a system that is designed to work together.

Good luck!

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I installed a Pioneer Avic D3 in my car and it is amazing. Sounds great with the Mach speakers as well. Do you have aftermarket amps for the interior speakers? If so check the remote wires. They may cause the amps to always be on even when car is off causing your battery to drain. Also, check all your grounds for any odd noises coming from speakers.

hi_po_heads

Established Member
the whole system is still stock but i have changed out head unit and cd player.

now i tried unhooking the amps and it made absolutely no difference to the sound. what could cause this?

Users who are viewing this thread