Mach 460 problems

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
Well today i thought it was about time to replace one of the CD's that i keep in my indash 6 cd changer. With the car off i go to eject the disc and... Nothing... I turn the car on and all i get all day was a CD ERROR message when i try to switch over to a CD... Needless to say i had sh*t to do and not a lot of time to fiddle with it...Anyway i finally parked it tonight and got a crazy idea to just disconnect the battery and reconnect it to see if i could kinda reset the head unit.. Sure enough I get back in the car and the CD has been ejected and is sitting in the changers load slot. Turn the car on and test to see if it's working and it's working just fine.

Now my question is: Is this gunna happen again or is this some stupid common problem that shows up once in a blue moon? I really need my CD player cuz it's a daily driver and i hate the radio cuz they don't play the particular music that i listen to. Any comments, warnings, concerns are welcome.. thanks guys

PS its a stock car that has never had any wiring problems or mods, and this is the completely stock Mach 460 stereo system and head unit that came with the car.. (I include this info cuz i know someone is goin to ask me if it's the stock radio)

rocafella99

Established Member
Its a common problem with Burnt discs, sometimes there either to small or to large and it confuses the player! I personally keep a paper clip in my center console to help when they get stuck

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Well today i thought it was about time to replace one of the CD's that i keep in my indash 6 cd changer. With the car off i go to eject the disc and... Nothing... I turn the car on and all i get all day was a CD ERROR message when i try to switch over to a CD... Needless to say i had sh*t to do and not a lot of time to fiddle with it...Anyway i finally parked it tonight and got a crazy idea to just disconnect the battery and reconnect it to see if i could kinda reset the head unit.. Sure enough I get back in the car and the CD has been ejected and is sitting in the changers load slot. Turn the car on and test to see if it's working and it's working just fine.

Now my question is: Is this gunna happen again or is this some stupid common problem that shows up once in a blue moon? I really need my CD player cuz it's a daily driver and i hate the radio cuz they don't play the particular music that i listen to. Any comments, warnings, concerns are welcome.. thanks guys

PS its a stock car that has never had any wiring problems or mods, and this is the completely stock Mach 460 stereo system and head unit that came with the car.. (I include this info cuz i know someone is goin to ask me if it's the stock radio)

Common and will happen again. It does not like certain thickness or thinness of cd's. What you did was the proper procedure to remedy it. Disconnect and let it reboot. I want to jumper a switch to the main power for the occasion when it gets pissed off.

Otherwise new head unit with ipod connect or hardwire your mach for it.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
It'll happen again. When that happened in my '02 GT I would just give the dash next to the changer a good whack and the CDs would pop out.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Got tired of it happening to me....just replaced the headunit with aftermarket. I miss the in-dash 6 disc convenience factor - but it's not worth it if you can't change the discs, get them out, put them in, etc....every few weeks.

I was to the point where disconnecting the battery didn't work....didn't feel like removing headunit to get the discs out. Once it took 1.5 months for the disc to pop out on it's own.... :eek:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Check Crutchfield.com, I got the JVC HDR-1 head unit for cheap. It was $120 for the head unit, adapter harness, amp balancer thingy and the blank dash slot piece. Sounds great. Plays cd's, mp3's, wma's, has an iPod input and built in HD radio receiver. Even a relatively "cheap" head unit sounds 10X better than the stock Mach460 piece.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
if the disconnecting the battery trick doesn't work use the credit card trick...when the door opens to eject the disc, use the credit card to push a little on the front edge of the CD...most times it will jar it loose and eject...

Users who are viewing this thread