Mach 460 > Mach 1000

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
I'd do a search, but we know that would get me nothing!

Anyway

I purchased a Mach 1000 that was pulled out of a wrecked car. I have the 4 amp rack, two subs, and all the brackets and bolts. But guess what, it does not just plug into what I already have. The connections are different to prevent people like me from looking for bargans.

Have any of you direct wired one of these into your existing system?

Any help? Thanks.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
try

ClassisDesignConcepts.com

They sell that same system new with a special wireing harness. Maybe they will sell just the harness.

Power Trip

Established Member
Bret - says that website is down, or as has moved.

Ive never heard the mach1000 system.. How much better is it then the 460? Just the subs are the difference, along with an amp? Thanks.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Maybe someone has the wiring charts for each system? If not, I would think about having a shop wire it for you. It shouldn't be a big job for them if they know what they're doing.

You might want to PM ChicagoMike. He was saying something about the head units being different and not working properly with the Mach 1000 amps and subs [I don't remember exactly].

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Maybe someone has the wiring charts for each system? If not, I would think about having a shop wire it for you. It shouldn't be a big job for them if they know what they're doing.

You might want to PM ChicagoMike. He was saying something about the head units being different and not working properly with the Mach 1000 amps and subs [I don't remember exactly].

good idea... just pm'ed him.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
I asked about the possibility of the dealer swapping my 460 for a 1000 when I got my 03. The sales guy started drooling, ran back to Service, came back 10 minutes later looking depressed and said:

"Appearently we've tried that once already; the service managers response was- 'not again in my lifetime' ".

I just can't see how it would be that difficult- you're talking not much more wiring that would be involved in any normal aftermarket stereo install. It would seem enormiously stupid if Ford completely redesigned the system just to add 2 amps and some subs without making it a dealer option for upgrade, but appearently they did :bash:

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SoCalCobra
I asked about the possibility of the dealer swapping my 460 for a 1000 when I got my 03. The sales guy started drooling, ran back to Service, came back 10 minutes later looking depressed and said:

"Appearently we've tried that once already; the service managers response was- 'not again in my lifetime' ".

I just can't see how it would be that difficult- you're talking not much more wiring that would be involved in any normal aftermarket stereo install. It would seem enormiously stupid if Ford completely redesigned the system just to add 2 amps and some subs without making it a dealer option for upgrade, but appearently they did :bash:

I'm starting to get that same feeling - that it won't happen in my lifetime - LOL

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
Anyone figure this out yet? I'm looking to buy this set up but if I can't make it work then why bother?

I'll have the full setup, including head unit.

Anyone find out if classic sells just the harness?

thanks,
Alan

Users who are viewing this thread