Mach 460 headaches

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
I need assistance and I am not very good with electronics so I apologize if I don't make sense.

So when I bought my 04, it had an aftermarket headunit. It was a generic single din with a pop out screen and i grew to dislike it. I bought the stock mach 460 head unit and removed it about 6 months ago. When I removed the radio, the harness had been cut (the 8 and 16 pin plugs) and the 2 connectors had been replaced for RCA plugs. So only the tweeters worked when i installed the stock head unit because the 24 pin was still in tact. I ordered the metra reverse harness(link below) but the colors on the metra dont match the harness in the car. It also came with a paper stating what each color is for, but the 8 pin talks about a dvd system so i think this is designed for a non mach 460 system. Im only concerned with making the door speakers/mach 460 rear amps work again.

My questions are this.
1.) Does anyone know how to find the diagram of the harness for the conectors, more specifically the 16 and 8 pin connectors? I can't find any that tell me what each wire is for..

2.) If I match the corresponding pins for the output from the stock headunit, using the metra harness, to the wires from the harness, in theory that should make the door speakers work again, right?

I'm sorry if i made this more complicated than needed or if it's not thorough enough please tell me what you need clarification on and I will try to sort it out.

Thanks for any help you may have!
Also, Merry Christmas.:beer:

-Ryan

Picture 1 of 2 for Metra 71-5520-1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread