Mach 460 Grounds

96svtdriver

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knew or had the schematics that show where the entirety of the Mach 460 system in SN95 cars is grounded. The well-known schematics have two grounds that come off the radio and CD player HU's at splice's S208 and S209 with wire colors Black and Black/Lgt Green respectively. The grounds are G203 and G204 in reference to the S208 and S209. At splice S208 the front 2-channel amp shares with the two HU's and S209 is shared only between the HU's, and is otherwise independent. Both of these grounds are on connector C257. Both the rear amps' ground G205 meets via splice S405 at connector C303 with the same Black/Lgt Green wire color, but is otherwise independent it appears from the other grounds.

Since I am SN95-less these days, I was wondering which connectors on the various audio-related harnesses on the car were C257 and C303? Likewise, are these grounded directly to chassis or something else? Would it be permissible to ground all of these at the same point? I'm doing a retrofit project in a Fox for poops and giggles, adding it's own fuse to the system and want to make sure I'm doing this properly. The Mach 460 schematics just say 'see grounds', but I'm unable to find that portion of the wiring diagrams.

Users who are viewing this thread