Mach 460 CD changer Problem-need advice

Weasel

Established Member
For the past week my player has been having problems coughing up the CD when asked or accepting CDs when loading. It had always worked pretty smoothly until then. Haven't used any paper labeled CDs or anything. Is there anything I can do or will I need to take it to the dealer and have them tear it apart ?

Thanks

Mike

Z20WHAT

Established Member
I heard from a pro installer that I should replace mine quickly because if I wasn't experiencing problems now, I would in the future. The in-deck CD changers are nice, but they come with the draw back of getting jammed easily.

71stang99

Established Member
my cd player is down right now for a jammed cd, it happened while on vacation and the dealer was going to replace the entire head unit but I would not have been there long enough because he had to order the part, Have not had time to get it to the dealer in Vegas since you need an appoiintment at the dealer i bought the car from.

Lomancobra

Established Member
I had the same problem as well. I actually got so fed up with it, that I took a pair of wire cutters to the front of it to get my cds out.
I figured that even if ford replaced the unit it would eventually act up again. I put in a sony head unit with XM radio, and now I can listen to playboy radio on those long lonely trips. :)

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I've had the same problem a few times. I found that if I used another cd and nudged the jammed one it'll creep out enough to grab it. I know it's not the best thing in the world to do but it works in a pinch.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Had a CD get stuck in the changer a few months back. Have not listened to CDs in the car since =>(

Users who are viewing this thread