Mach 460 Amps

VETTKLR

Established Member
Anyone ever have any problems with the Mach 460 amps not shutting off? I just bought a laser red Cobra, and the guy told me to start it at least every 3 days to keep the battery charged, because one of the amps won't shut off.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Get ya some wire cutters...lol....that will do the trick....

J/K bissach....What the hell's keepin ya from showing me ya damn car roody-poo?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by VETTKLR
Anyone ever have any problems with the Mach 460 amps not shutting off? I just bought a laser red Cobra, and the guy told me to start it at least every 3 days to keep the battery charged, because one of the amps won't shut off.

The amps are dependent on the ignition to be in the on position so he doesn't know what he is talking about unless he has wired them differently.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Maybe the original owner powered it directly to a hot lead or something?:shrug: Which brings me to my next question: Why would he do that?:??: :??: :??:

VETTKLR

Established Member
Yes, everything's stock on the stereo. I just thought that possibly a switch on one of the amps wasn't working anymore. I sent him an email asking if it started after the MSD install or possibly after the T-Rex. Doesn't make much sense if just one is staying on, though.

Are there power indicator lights on these amps? How easy are they to get to?

TeQ

Established Member
The amps are located in the trunk.. stick your head in the trunck and look up.. there is one in each corner.. silver.

Last edited:

VETTKLR

Established Member
Well, new deal on the stereo...

The damn thing has lost ALL of it's bass. All you can hear now is treble, and it's not very loud at all. This Mach 460 deal is eting my lunch!

Silver03

Established Member
Originally posted by VETTKLR
Well, new deal on the stereo...

The damn thing has lost ALL of it's bass. All you can hear now is treble, and it's not very loud at all. This Mach 460 deal is eting my lunch!

This exact thing happened to me when I installed my sub, I had to take it to a stereo shop for them to fix it. It turned out that I blew a fuse. I guess there is another fuse box in the dash for the stereo.

One of the amps is for the lows and the other for the highs.

VETTKLR

Established Member
I just ran out there and looked at both fuses (1 under the dash, 1 under the hood) for the stereo. They look good. Is there a fuse that goes into those amps?

...possibly somewhere else?

VETTKLR

Established Member
Nope...no work done to the stereo. Last night, when I pulled up to my buddy's house, everything was working. When I fired it up to leave, it wasn't working. Strange.

Silver03

Established Member
hmmm. I'd say that amp either isn't power or it took a crap on you. From what you stated through the whole thread (the ongoing issues), and now this, it sounds like the previous owner tinkered around with it and screwed something up. I'd take it to a shop. The place that I took mine to only charged about 20 bucks (if I remember right) to fix it.

VETTKLR

Established Member
Cool...I'm on ebay now looking at replacing the whole system. I found a guy selling some Mach460 amps, so I bid 5 bucks for the helluvit.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Check the gound...When I was putting in my alarm I undid the factory ground by the fuse box (left side) and that killed the low's amp...

Users who are viewing this thread