Mach 460/1000

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Has anyone successfully installed a Mach system in a fox? If so, please: pics and details. I have access to one and would like a stock type system in my car.:pop:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Have you ever owned a vehicle with the mach 460 in it? In my opinion it would not be worth the effort

stangbear427

Established Member
Indeed, the stock fox systems were crap. I've never seen it done though. The hardest part I would think would be mounting the newer head unit since it's so different- at least it sure looks different. And I have no idea where you'd put those huge rear deck speakers that would look stock, since no fox had anything like that. The amps could probably be buried somewhere in the rear panels or under the back seat, but the wiring harness may prove challenging.

tommygun

Established Member
you can save money and have a custom installed stereo that will sound a lot better then the factory Mach stuff.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
+1 also.

However, if you come across a mach1000 setup, let me know, I've wanted to upgrade to that in my '03.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
If your comparing it to a stock fox body system it is.

I don't know if you would call it 'stock' but I had a OEM am/fm/cd out of a mid 90's explorer (looked identical to our OEM cassettes but had a cd player) with the remainder of my system being stock and sounded just as good as that crappy 460 system. I know that sounds harsh but I absolutly hate the mach 460 in my wife's 01 Cobra

stangbear427

Established Member
The Mach460 system in my Dad's '01 GT sounds pretty good. Nothing like the handbuilt audiophile setup I had in my GT, but worlds and planets better than the stock system in my Cobra.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
The audiophile in our 04 SVT Focus rocks! I have never heard another OEM system sound like our Focus

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
The system isn't costing me anything, its out of an 04 Cobra-- I like the simple, factory look and I am considering my options. What's in my car now is nice; but it doesn't have a six disc in-dash cd player, nor the factory installed look. I'm not really into mp3's on the large scale, so inability to play them isn't an issue. Actually this is something I just WANT to do, but I don't know if it is worth the effort.

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
the biggest issue you will run into are the WIRES for the Mach system. The wiring is in the main harness and it has ford only connectors. Now if you have an entire 04 Cobra to take the parts from then maybe you could do this swap but you have to make sure you have ALL the wiring for the amps and stuff like that since nobody makes aftermarket for them.

tommygun

Established Member
2038917_18_full.jpg

2038917_16_full.jpg

or you can do something like this :rolling:

stangbear427

Established Member
Man, that is one clean install right there. Not the greatest components, but damn sexy execution. I bet it rattles the hatch real good LOL!

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
The 'Ford connector' answer has me sold on staying away from the Mach install. Your input has been priceless!!

Users who are viewing this thread