Mach 1 with 03 Cobra motor fuel and coolant issue

notagt

Established Member
Ok, came out of a hotel 2 hours from home, cranked car and I had 17 psi fuel pressure. I had just installed a modified FPDM last Thursday and no issues. I drove car maybe a mile and pulled over since fuel pressure so low. I walked 2 miles and back to Advance and got a FPDM, installed, no change. I drove out of boost for about an hour and fuel pressure was slowly dropping. I realized I probably wasn't going to make it home so got to a friends house and shut her down.By this time fuel pressure (by gage on fuel rail) was 2 psi. I am running a 40 A Kenne Bell BAP and it was so hot you couldn't touch it. I tried cutting 2 red wires on BAP and bypassing it with the new FPDM, no change and actually ran ALOT worse than when I shut it down (think it just wasn't enough pressure after it bled down after running). Let me add as I was driving, the pressure drop was real gradual. I hear the click of CCRM and the pumps whir..this happened out of nowhere with other time being when car cut off 2 weeks ago, let it sit for 2 hours and it cranked up with 30 psi (that time fuel pressure gage would go to 100, then slowly to zero).

Black 306 gave me this reply after sending a email on the side of the road:

GoctSVz.png

Now, can I use my Aeroforce to read the fuel pressure and duty cycle since plugged in under the dash.? Should the BAP get that hot? Was 97 degrees out? What are ALL fuses associated with fuel system? Is this a symptom of hose coming off a pump? Am I wasting my time trying another FRPS I have here? Any opinions or comments please, going with trailer to get car..also STILL having coolant issue..the faster I go, higher the temp and once it reaches 200+ nothing you do will get it to drop. Fan running on high, if I turn on A/C temp goes up quicker...I pulled xover plug..full, coolant res full (yes one shut while other open). I started the car cold with coolant cap off, about every 15 seconds, coolant would rise and spill out, go back down, rise, overflow, go back down..is this normal with car running and cap off ?? I think I must have a flow issue..EWP, clogged radiator..dont think thermostat since upper hose gets hard, also because of fuel issue, even at 97 degrees, running 45 mph temp stayed at 179..anything over 60 mph..forget it and also keep in mind, even with fan running, if you hit 210+, too, late...driving, idling,, doesn't matter, will keep climbing...HELP...ANY IDEAS, I am SICK of this coolant BS, NEVER had a coolant issue with stock mach motor with same radiator (difference being a Miezere EWP). Thanks guys !!!!!!

notagt

Established Member
I went back today and car cranked right up with 16 psi by Aeroforce/OBD port, 6 psi at the fuel rail. FPDC at idle was 100 %. I think I will pulling tank to see a split hose or clamp blew off Question before I go to that point: If the BAP was bad could it cause the pumps to be at 100 % FPDC ??? To bypass BAP I took both red wires coming out of BAP and joined together that I cut off BAP, sound right?? Thanks guys !! Since she is going down, gonna remove electric water pump and go to stock, better radiator (suggestions on this ??) No matter how many times I burp system I seem to get air, any ideas on this as well?? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread