Mach 1 vs the LS1

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
2001stripper said:
I run pretty close to many modded 03 Cobras. The point is that Terminator owners seem to respect LS1's while Mach 1 owners talk a bunch of trash. :-D
Well lets ask some of the Cobra owners what they think of you Mr Smarty Pants. :lol1:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
2001stripper said:
I run pretty close to many modded 03 Cobras. The point is that Terminator owners seem to respect LS1's while Mach 1 owners talk a bunch of trash. :-D
So Cobra and LS1 owners don't talk trash, but Mach1 owners do. Pretty persuasive arguement you got there... but I'm not convinced. :bored:

MACHSELF

Established Member
2001stripper said:
You have a very impressive stock 1/4 mile time (13.19 @ 105.57). Much better than the mid-high 13's that I see around here. I give credit where credit is do. It is, however, still behind my stock time (13.05 @ 110.11). :thumbsup:

13.05 is impressive. I ran [email protected] on a drag radial bone dry stock. Now my beast is a little different so can't compare to a stock LS1. I saw 375FT LBS of torque across the chart in my Mach 1 and over 333RWHP, twice, on two different dynos. Best I have ran so far is 12.05, but it will hit 11's with the right launch. I just purchased a set of Nitto 555 DR's today to see if they work better than ET Streets.
Stock Dyno was at 282/307...

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
2001stripper said:
I will admit LS1's vary on power......most are already powerful from the factory and then there are the freaks like mine. :-D
I was reading on your other post before it got closed and you said your car should have some 11.9's in it.. I think that you and I would make a very good run then.. I know my car has 11.9's in it, I just haven't kept everything together long enough to go to the track and run them...

On a side note, LS1's fast from the start as are our cars, but they do make some crazy power once you start to put mods on them like HCI set ups.. Almost all of my friends drive them and race them and I know what they run.. Almost everyone of them run upper 6's in the 1/8.. You can put heads and cams on a Mach but it will not give you near the power that an LS1 will get with a cam head set up.. And that is facts.. I looked at cams for the Mach and they give about 40rwhp more peak but loose alot under the curve and that is the most inportant part, not what you make peak but what you make through out the complete curve.. So far I haven't seen any cam set ups for a Mach that will give them the power in the curve..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
Actually, I will gladly continue to harrass you over here. These are Mach related discussions in here. Better learn what you can while your in here toolbag. :sleeping:
I know your car puts down some good power and you think you can't be beat by any LS1 but man you are making us Mach owners look like crap from the way you talk on these boards... I have plenty of friends with LS1 Z28's with just bolt ons and a Cam that would rape your car with your 150 shot on the track.. I know because I go racing with them almost every weekend.. Just cool down on all the name calling we don't need this thread to be closed do to people acting like aholes.. I like reading all this stuff and hearing what people have to say.. If I wanted to build a car just for racing it would be an LS1 camaro.. You can build it cheaper and make more power with less mods and go faster... JMHO

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
2001stripper said:
I wouldn't say that is all true now....

2001stripper

Established Member
dan03mach said:
I was reading on your other post before it got closed and you said your car should have some 11.9's in it.. I think that you and I would make a very good run then.. I know my car has 11.9's in it, I just haven't kept everything together long enough to go to the track and run them...

On a side note, LS1's fast from the start as are our cars, but they do make some crazy power once you start to put mods on them like HCI set ups.. Almost all of my friends drive them and race them and I know what they run.. Almost everyone of them run upper 6's in the 1/8.. You can put heads and cams on a Mach but it will not give you near the power that an LS1 will get with a cam head set up.. And that is facts.. I looked at cams for the Mach and they give about 40rwhp more peak but loose alot under the curve and that is the most inportant part, not what you make peak but what you make through out the complete curve.. So far I haven't seen any cam set ups for a Mach that will give them the power in the curve..

You make some very good points. You also have a strong running Mach. It would be a good race between us. You would get me off the line and then the question would be could I reel you in. :thumbsup:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
2001stripper said:
You make some very good points. You also have a strong running Mach. It would be a good race between us. You would get me off the line and then the question would be could I reel you in. :thumbsup:
I don't know... I should be able to get some 1.60 to high 1.5 60fts on my 100% stock suspension I might add but if your putting down the power on the big end you might be able to pull past me.. Is your Z an auto or 6 speed??? The big thing going for me is the weigh of my car.. In Race trim it weighs about 3150 lbs.. I put down a little over 310 rwhp and 325rwtq.. And I can drive it like a mofo... Most can't and that is where I will get them... I don't really care who makes the most power all I care about is who crosses that finish line first... :thumbsup:

2001stripper

Established Member
dan03mach said:
I know your car puts down some good power and you think you can't be beat by any LS1 but man you are making us Mach owners look like crap from the way you talk on these boards... I have plenty of friends with LS1 Z28's with just bolt ons and a Cam that would rape your car with your 150 shot on the track.. I know because I go racing with them almost every weekend.. Just cool down on all the name calling we don't need this thread to be closed do to people acting like aholes.. I like reading all this stuff and hearing what people have to say.. If I wanted to build a car just for racing it would be an LS1 camaro.. You can build it cheaper and make more power with less mods and go faster... JMHO

You and 00GT are the most objective guys on this site. I really respect both of you. Truth of the matter is I actually liked the Mach when it first came out but after coming to these boards and listening to SOME (not all) of these Mach owners, it really turned me off of the car. I appreciate people that tell
it like it is wtihout bias. Like me, if I could afford a Terminator right now, I would trade the Z in a minute. :-D

2001stripper

Established Member
dan03mach said:
I don't know... I should be able to get some 1.60 to high 1.5 60fts on my 100% stock suspension I might add but if your putting down the power on the big end you might be able to pull past me.. Is your Z an auto or 6 speed??? The big thing going for me is the weigh of my car.. In Race trim it weighs about 3150 lbs.. I put down a little over 310 rwhp and 325rwtq.. And I can drive it like a mofo... Most can't and that is where I will get them... I don't really care who makes the most power all I care about is who crosses that finish line first... :thumbsup:

My Z is a 6-speed and has a curb weight of 3250. I put down 346 rwhp and 364 rwtq, but my 60-ft's are only 2.0-2.1 on street tires and 1.85-1.90 on drag radials, of course this is at Dragway 42 which is shitty for traction. At a sticky track like Norwalk, I'm sure I could lower my 60-ft times considerably.
High 1.5 60-foot times are incredible, what tires are you running?

2001stripper

Established Member
MACHSELF said:
13.05 is impressive. I ran [email protected] on a drag radial bone dry stock. Now my beast is a little different so can't compare to a stock LS1. I saw 375FT LBS of torque across the chart in my Mach 1 and over 333RWHP, twice, on two different dynos. Best I have ran so far is 12.05, but it will hit 11's with the right launch. I just purchased a set of Nitto 555 DR's today to see if they work better than ET Streets.
Stock Dyno was at 282/307...

How did you get so much torque out of a 4.6? Almost 70 more ft lbs than stock.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
2001stripper said:
My Z is a 6-speed and has a curb weight of 3250. I put down 346 rwhp and 364 rwtq, but my 60-ft's are only 2.0-2.1 on street tires and 1.85-1.90 on drag radials, of course this is at Dragway 42 which is shitty for traction. At a sticky track like Norwalk, I'm sure I could lower my 60-ft times considerably.
High 1.5 60-foot times are incredible, what tires are you running?
I'm running 26 10 15 M/T ET Drags... on weld draglites...

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
2001stripper said:
How did you get so much torque out of a 4.6? Almost 70 more ft lbs than stock.
I don't know either since he and I have almost the exact same mods.. But what does it run at the track now that is the ? ??????

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
2001stripper said:
I am saving for a Moser 12-bolt with 4.10's. Then I can throw on some ET Drags and hopefully be in the 11's. :-D
Moser 12 bolt is the way to go but I would go with 4.30's since its a 6 speed.. JMO...

Users who are viewing this thread