Mach 1 vs the LS1

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Hey 01AzureMach what did 2001stripper say that was being such an ass.. This is what he said.. "Here we go again....just kiddin'. I made a similar post in the kill section and got flamed.
Stock vs. stock, IMO the 01-02 LS1's are faster, not out of the whole, but on the top end they will beat a Mach 1. 98-00 models are pretty even with a slight edge going to the Mach. 01-02 LS1's typically make 315-325 to the rear wheels which is more than the Mach makes to the engine. LS1's also make more torque. These are facts, not a bias opinion. Now when the modding begins, all bets are off."

So he said that the Mach has a better hole shot then the 01-02 LS1 which is true, and he also said the 01-02 LS1 has a better top end then the Mach which is true. So then he said the mach as a better advantage going against the 98-00 and this is also true do them making less hp then the 01-02's The only thing I see that is false in his statements are that the 315-325 rwhp that the LS1 makes is greater the the flywheel hp of the Mach.. I know that is false. Because most Machs dyno between 270-290 rwhp with comes to around 315-330 to the fly.. He really didn't start to act like a smart ass untill some people in here started on him first.. I'm not taking anyone sides here but I do tell it like it is.. Bottom line a Mach one has more lower end power and will take an LS1 out of the hole and stay with it and most likely beat it in the 1/4 but in the long run the LS1 will pull the Mach do to tranny gearing and power.. Remember they have a 6 speed which has a .82 5th gear to our .62 5th so they will pull in 5th and we can't doin anything about that..Unless your talking about an auto vs. 5speed, then the mach should pull up top..

JMHO so don't get mad at me..

Last edited:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I wasn't calling you out SON, i was making a statement on your past posts.It sounded as if you were sideing with this tool 2001stripper. I have run a few ls1's and i have yet to lose. Im not saying my car is the fastest thing in the world, im not saying a stock ls1 cant beat it. My car is pretty much stock. This guy is spitting garbage about Machs are slower then stock ls1's. So i stood up for my car, based on my experiences. I am close, im in tyler, so if you want to run, ill kindly oblidge. My mach is nothing special i have a few bolt on's, and doubt it will run low 12's next to your mach. I dont know where you get the ideal that i care what your car has, or what it runs, i didn't ask you any questions about your car. I was making a statement about your past post. So i dont give a **** if your car can do this, or that, its meaningless to me. But if you would like to come to tyler, then by all means, make the trip. My name is Scott, ill pm you my number...

dan03mach said:
Dude I speak the truth so don't get mad.. I love my car and its pretty powerful and runs dang good.. So I don't know why you are getting all up set about me telling the truth about different cars.. I'm a car fan I like all kinds of cars, so is there something wrong with that??? I don't think there is.. My car just has exhaust, gears, and tune and it will be running 11's as soon as I finish up on a few things.. Hell I ran 12.2's @ over 110mph with just an O/R X, Catback, 4.10's and 17" ET Streets.. Everything else stock.. I'm a better driver then most are so that gives me a advantage over alot of people and that is why I get faster times then most.. So don't get upset with me for tell you what different car can do..

I see your in TX.. Do you want to run sometime... I like racing and I'm up to racing anyone I don't care if I when or loose.. Where are you from... Lets go to the track sometime and see what you got..

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I guess three different threads this guy has either started, or trolled on hasn't rub anyone else raw aswell. All his posts are negative comments directed toward machs. He has not contributed anything to the rest of this forum. Since he showed up he has done nothing but blasts machs. This to me is a asshole.
He shows no respect. I respect ls1's and would never go to a ls1 site and troll on different threads spitting nothing but garbage. My best friend is a die hard chevy owner, and has serveral z28's. There is no bia's coming from me. I have stated that i have not been beat by a ls1 yet. I worked for GM for 5 years, so you dont have to post the number of a ls1, or any gm motor for that matter. I know them. Everything i have said comes from my own experience. Lots of thing play a role in street racing.

dan03mach said:
Hey 01AzureMach what did 2001stripper say that was being such an ass.. This is what he said.. "Here we go again....just kiddin'. I made a similar post in the kill section and got flamed.
Stock vs. stock, IMO the 01-02 LS1's are faster, not out of the whole, but on the top end they will beat a Mach 1. 98-00 models are pretty even with a slight edge going to the Mach. 01-02 LS1's typically make 315-325 to the rear wheels which is more than the Mach makes to the engine. LS1's also make more torque. These are facts, not a bias opinion. Now when the modding begins, all bets are off."

So he said that the Mach has a better hole shot then the 01-02 LS1 which is true, and he also said the 01-02 LS1 has a better top end then the Mach which is true. So then he said the mach as a better advantage going against the 98-00 and this is also true do them making less hp then the 01-02's The only thing I see that is false in his statements are that the 315-325 rwhp that the LS1 makes is greater the the flywheel hp of the Mach.. I know that is false. Because most Machs dyno between 270-290 rwhp with comes to around 315-330 to the fly.. He really didn't start to act like a smart ass untill some people in here started on him first.. I'm not taking anyone sides here but I do tell it like it is.. Bottom line a Mach one has more lower end power and will take an LS1 out of the hole and stay with it and most likely beat it in the 1/4 but in the long run the LS1 will pull the Mach do to tranny gearing and power.. Remember they have a 6 speed which has a .82 5th gear to our .62 5th so they will pull in 5th and we can't doin anything about that..Unless your talking about an auto vs. 5speed, then the mach should pull up top..

JMHO so don't get mad at me..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
03azuremach said:
I wasn't calling you out SON, i was making a statement on your past posts.It sounded as if you were sideing with this tool 2001stripper. I have run a few ls1's and i have yet to lose. Im not saying my car is the fastest thing in the world, im not saying a stock ls1 cant beat it. My car is pretty much stock. This guy is spitting garbage about Machs are slower then stock ls1's. So i stood up for my car, based on my experiences. I am close, im in tyler, so if you want to run, ill kindly oblidge. My mach is nothing special i have a few bolt on's, and doubt it will run low 12's next to your mach. I dont know where you get the ideal that i care what your car has, or what it runs, i didn't ask you any questions about your car. I was making a statement about your past post. So i dont give a **** if your car can do this, or that, its meaningless to me. But if you would like to come to tyler, then by all means, make the trip. My name is Scott, ill pm you my number...
Well Scott I haven't read all of his post on all the different threads that he started so I really don't know what kind of crap is being talked.. And I know what you are talking about not being beat by an LS1... I still havent been beat by an LS1 that has the same or close to the same mods as I do.. Now I have been beat by an auto big stall ls1 and he had the same bolt ons as me. He ran a 7.6 to my 7.7.. in the 1/8 so it was close but he won.. BTW did you happen to make it out to the bullitt Mach1 shootout out in Hallsville I was there but I messed up alot of stuff though out my drivetrain on my 5th pass.. I don't think I'm going out to Tyler anytime soon but if I do and you want to run I'll let you know.. But I don't like to pick on people that don't have near as many mods as I do and that I know I will win. it just isn't fare...

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I didn't make it out that way during the mach1 and bullit shootout. I do go out to Hallsville occasionally. Your car would be at a advantage, with your gears, and sticky tires. Im still runnin 3.55's. But like i said, if you want to make a trip, ill oblidge. Just do a post review on 2001stripper, and see what kinda smack he has been talking. I would like to get a tune before i do any kind of racing. My car is running a little rich. I dont feel that your "picking on people(me)", if my mach wont cut it, i am able to obtain a few toys that will put up a pretty good fight with ya.

MACHSELF

Established Member
LS1's and Mach's are both fast outta the box if you're a good driver! How fast you want to go depends on how much $ you spend..... I only ran 12.93@ 108.89 on a 2.1 (ET Streets even)60 ft time and a 25mph headwind! (Extreme wind for Ca.) 1/8 mi was [email protected] was one of those nights where even the "Big Guns" were running their worst times ever so I didn't feel so bad!!! To all that know my racecar-The "Big Dog" will be ready next month. Motor will be ready next week...359 Dart Block- Maybe I'll throw that into the Mach! (Just Kiddin')

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread