Mach 1 vs STi

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
Mach 1 - longtubes/hpipe/cai/intake spacer

STi - Full Turboback Exhaust

I ran a real good friend in his STi last night, about 5 runs. First run 50 punch, had it in 3rd at first, and realized what I was doing, by the time I put it back down to 2nd, I had honked twice already, and the lunge made him think I went early, so he jumped early with about half a car head start. I pulled him in and put about a car on him by 110. 2nd run 60 punch, I just left it in 3rd, pulled about a car and a half by 115 or so. 3rd run, he wasnt ready, I jumped him hard on the 3rd honk, 3 cars or so by 90. 4th and 5th run were the best runs, he hung real close from a 60 punch until around 90 and then I pulled away, and from a 40 punch my low end tq just took over. Really fun runs!!

RealQuick

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
Sounds like fun nice kill.

Why didn't you run him from a dig?

I agree. You should know that a Mach1 should win from a roll. Get a couple dig runs in next time and test out your driving skill. I am guessing you would have won from the rolls (which you did) but lose from the dig. Good kills.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
hahaha everyone keeps asking that. We were on our way home and on the highway, so it was just convinience to run from a roll. From a stop im sure it would be me playing catch up, he can launch that MOFO HARD!

RealQuick

Established Member
Originally posted by WhiteTxMach
hahaha everyone keeps asking that. We were on our way home and on the highway,

OK, cool. In that case its not wise too stop on the highway :)

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
It would be a good 1/4 mile match with you playing catch up at the end.

Yah I think so too. I think he will go 12.8's @ ~ 107 and I will go 12.9's @ ~ 109-110. Very fun when you have a race that close.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
Originally posted by 2814v
Good run's, I beat that mach is LOUD with the long tubes

It sounds perfect when your just cruising, not TOO loud and obnoxious like my GT with flows/xpipe sounded. When you get on it, its the EXACT classic Muscle car sound I wanted. I couldnt be happier with my exhaust! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread