Mach 1 vs Roush

TerminatedGT

Established Member
So looking in the rear view a beautiful new edge Roush that was quickly approaching. Fish on, we go around a corner and the honks start ( started giggling like a little kid it's been a while ) the Mach in 2nd, honk three rang out from the Roush. The Roush came alive, just about that time the Mach 1 started to sing her tune a 3rd gear churp as the Mach ran way.

What is special about the new edge Roush use to know someone with a vortec on one but this one obviously not the case

Mach Boy

Established Member
Stage 1s and 2s had appearance and I believe suspension upgrades to the 2V platform. The Stage 3 had a supercharger on top. So you most likely ran into a 1 or 2.

Blackoyote

Established Member

saleensc281

Established Member
Stage 1 and 2's are V8's and not V6's. For SN 197's and newer the RS models are V6's while the Stage 1, 2's and 3's are V8's.. The New Edge (99-04) Stage 1 and 2's come with the 4.6 2v. So yeah, depending on performance and driver mods...you should have beat him...easily.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Stage 1 and 2's are V8's and not V6's. For SN 197's and newer the RS models are V6's while the Stage 1, 2's and 3's are V8's.. The New Edge (99-04) Stage 1 and 2's come with the 4.6 2v. So yeah, depending on performance and driver mods...you should have beat him...easily.

I test drove a V6 New Edge Roush back in the day before I got my GT. Had side exhaust and all, maybe it wasn't a real Roush?

paluka21

Established Member
Is that GT500 your first Mustang lol?

Yes 99-04 model years.

Good kill OP, need more details on your car....

Jealous huh?

Take a look at my sig, maybe that will answer this tough question for you. LOL.

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Good Kill, OP.
If there was a little more info on both cars, it would be nice though. Better yet, a video is worth a thousand words. LOL

TerminatedGT

Established Member
Good Kill, OP.
If there was a little more info on both cars, it would be nice though. Better yet, a video is worth a thousand words. LOL

info on my car cat back, bbk twin 65mm tb, K and N filter with the front half of my old gt's cold air intake ( before the maf ) and Automatic
with just the cat back it went 13.43

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
94-98=SN95

99-04= still considered SN95's but are commonly called New edges

05-14=S197

15+=S550

Nice kill OP.

Users who are viewing this thread