Mach 1 vs other brands

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Ya well we might be buying a new car pretty soon so i was just looking for a car that i might put into option. I was thinking about a Cobra becasue of the power output but it is quite abit of power i dont know it might be to much for me but i still like it. THe Mach 1 i like alot but how is the reliablity with out forged internals.

I was thinking about the Dodge SRT-4 not expensive and pretty fast, i just cant find info on it about handling and other things.

THe mach 1 is a nice choice right now because its fast and i like the Mach 1's, but i dont know about not having forged internals even though i dont know much about that stuff lol :p .

Then there are others like the GT V8, and the Celica and Eclipse. Right now my Choices r the SRT and the Mach 1 and maybe the Cobra. How is the mach 1 on reliability? and durabilty over time?

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
sounds like somebody needs to go test drive some cars

Drive a Mach1 and you be hooked. Just because it's rated at 305/320 doesn't mean its only quick. This thing is FAST!!!! All the past dynos I've seen have shown a stock mach1 is really around 320hp and 340torque!!! Very impressive for a n/a motor.

You can't beat a n/a vs. a turbo/super charger in reliabilty. The n/a DOHC is a very good motor.

KSVENOM

Established Member
Tony -- I responded to your earlier post re: My TR Mach 1 for sale. I'll make you an offer --- I have my car priced at $25,000 with the mods I have noted. You fly into St. Louis. If you drive this car and do not like it/buy it --- I will pay for your R/T airfare back to Ca.!!!!!

As MattNCSU said, you would fall in love with the performance (sorry to say -- and certainly don't mean to offend) but the SRT would be way behind it in a run off --- the Mach is in a different league.

The people who seem to like the "shaker" the most are the young dollies. I am a young guy trapped in a 57 year old married body so I can't do much about the young dollies LOL. Email or PM me if interested.

Regards, Ken-

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Nothing New & Nothing close to the price ur going to get it if u jump on it. You get alot with the Mach1.

01Cobra's Stickered at 31,999.00 in 2001.....
Mach1 Sticker at 28,999.00 or so.....

My point being that the Mach1 has a better more such as Cams & Heads so u actually win a bit IMO.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
but what about the non forged parts? what are forged parts anyways what dose this mean?

Only the 03Cobra's had the Forged Pistons & Rods.

If ur going to make alot of boost then the 03Coba's the think to get. But if u can be happy with 425rwhp on the MACH1 with a Supercharger then why not go & spend less?

IRS is a bit Overated Esp....with the Wheel Hop, Shafts & Weight.
Solid Rear Axcel is really good & tons of aftermarket parts to make the car handle really good ;-)

No Imports can keep up with the MACH1 for the general Price Range. Some SS might be a very tight race but it depends if they are stock as well....but they are not making the Camero's any more are they ;-)

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
hehheheh ya no more competion with the cameros.... tisk tisk tisk....

o ya im way happy with 425 rwhp, just thought forged parts were alot more durable and stuff.

i heard IRS is good but somewhat not so good in the drag style, but good in the twisties.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
hehheheh ya no more competion with the cameros.... tisk tisk tisk....

o ya im way happy with 425 rwhp, just thought forged parts were alot more durable and stuff.

i heard IRS is good but somewhat not so good in the drag style, but good in the twisties.

Well driving style counts for alot u know. Surely any guy in a 03 Cobra can blow up his or her engine by not driving it right.

Forged Parts are a good thing but u have to remember that we have the Iron Block vs Aluminum Blocks.....425 is possible with a safe good tune. Going WOT every sec's of the motors life is surely going to put a major stress on it.

IRS is o.k. on the turns but u can make the Solid Axcell as good IMO.

rb185afm

Established Member
Check out Brandon Ford in Florida. New Mach 1's for 22,995. They had 32 in stock as of last Friday. You just cant beat that deal.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I'd recommend the Mach I for you. It is a beatufiul car....

I saw one leaving the Phoenix airport yesterday. It was a Azure Blue. Awesome!

The forged internals are on the Cobra engine because it has a Supercharger and without the stronger forged internals we would be breaking connecting rods and melting pistons.

THe Mach I is not sueprcharged so the forged internals are not necessary. If you decided to supercharge the Mach I later (which I personally would not be interested in doing) then you'd have to keep the SC boost low because it has the cast internals.

I have a torch red cobra... but would die to have a Asure Blue Mach I to go with it

:beer:

The Mach is a thing of beauty. You would definatly not be dissapointed.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
ya i like the Mach 1, its a nice car, i dont like the azure blue personally i think its too much of a light blue but still like waterd down blue, but havent seen 1 in real life, i perfer the Torch Red heheh its nice.

Users who are viewing this thread