Mach 1 vs Mach 1

03CobraDude

A friend has a yellow 2003 Mach 1 with about 55k miles. His mods are a short throw, tires, and catback. I have a red '03 Mach 1 that I'm taking to college, bone stock (original tires) with 24k miles.

I was driving on the highway and we met up, so we decided to run. We only took two shots, one from a dig and one from 40 mph. First was the dig. We both spun pretty bad but somehow, I hooked up quicker and had the lead the whole way. I shut down at about 95-100 because I saw a car way ahead. I had about 3-4 car lengths on him.

Next run we went from 40 mph and. I got the slight jump and the front of his car was right at my passenger door. By the end, I had about 1 car on him.

I was a little surprised that he didn't win. I figured I could shift a tad quicker than him, but I didn't think it would make THAT much of a difference...

02GTP

Banned
well that makes sense; u gotta figure the catback really isnt worth much and if u can shift a little quicker, it works, good kill. i wanna race a bolt on mach1 really bad.

JoePac

Established Member
Well catback amounts to no power and even with good rubber and a short throw a bad driver is a bad driver. Your skills provailed YODA.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
All that he really had going for him was the catback. If he spun then the tires wouldnt matter and just shifting quick isnt gonna make a huge difference in a street race. Good kill though. Mach 1s need gears badly.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
well that makes sense; u gotta figure the catback really isnt worth much and if u can shift a little quicker, it works, good kill. i wanna race a bolt on mach1 really bad.

Ive got an 04 Mach 1 with a JLT RAI, Alum driveshaft, Short shifter, Built rear W/4.10s and i ran 8.6 with nitto drags. Your a lil far for me to race though. Lol.

03CobraDude

Thanks for the replies... i still didn't think I would beat him by four cars on that first race. I got all the way through 2nd gear before I heard him stop spinning. I guess he doesn't understand the concept of traction.

Ive got an 04 Mach 1 with a JLT RAI, Alum driveshaft, Short shifter, Built rear W/4.10s and i ran 8.6 with nitto drags. Your a lil far for me to race though. Lol.

Haha, you would probably own me. I'm not that good of a driver... and stock too.

mrbigjeep

Established Member

dang that sucks....my 04 gt with just short shifter, 4.10, and exhaust (stock manifolds) ran 8.7 in 75 degree weather...street tires

hopefully your elevation is a bit more :rolling:

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
My lowering springs hurt launch. Plus i ran an 05 gt that ran 8.5 BEFORE he put the 4.10 gears in that he had the night we raced and i pulled on him so im not sure what happened at the track.

StangJason

Established Member
My lowering springs hurt launch. Plus i ran an 05 gt that ran 8.5 BEFORE he put the 4.10 gears in that he had the night we raced and i pulled on him so im not sure what happened at the track.

Are you in Scotsboro Alabama? If so then it's the heat and humidity but if not then it was probably a poorly prepped track.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I was hoping that the Mach 1 would pull, but oh well at least the Mach 1 won :banana:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
A friend has a yellow 2003 Mach 1 with about 55k miles. His mods are a short throw, tires, and catback. I have a red '03 Mach 1 that I'm taking to college, bone stock (original tires) with 24k miles.

I was driving on the highway and we met up, so we decided to run. We only took two shots, one from a dig and one from 40 mph. First was the dig. We both spun pretty bad but somehow, I hooked up quicker and had the lead the whole way. I shut down at about 95-100 because I saw a car way ahead. I had about 3-4 car lengths on him.

Next run we went from 40 mph and. I got the slight jump and the front of his car was right at my passenger door. By the end, I had about 1 car on him.

I was a little surprised that he didn't win. I figured I could shift a tad quicker than him, but I didn't think it would make THAT much of a difference...

Nice runs...he won't see any significant gains until he at least changes the midpipe, gets a CAI/RAI and a tune. If he REALLY wants his Mach to be a different beast tell him to get some GEARS- the 32V's LOVE GEARS:rockon: With some 4.10's or less you'd be toast!!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well catback amounts to no power and even with good rubber and a short throw a bad driver is a bad driver. Your skills provailed YODA.
HOLY SHIT......we agree on something. :lol:
Mach's like to be forcefed!!!!
Yes they do...:beer:

OP - nice to see you got the mach. Never saw what you ended up doing.

Oh, and shifting at the best shift point is more important that simply shifting quick...IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread