Mach 1 vs M3

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
So I'm just crusing on the freeway in the Mach 1 when I see a red Audi TT merging. I notice he speeds up his merge to get door to door, so I get into the left lane. I look in front of him and see another Audi. In front of that Audi, another one (which of course was plasti dipped/vinyl wrapped-the new norm). In front if that Audi was the leader of their possy- an E46 M3. All these Europeans were on some kind of road trip-sporting plastic on the front bumpers to keep rock chips down.
Well, with all these little ducks lined up in a row I couldn't help but remind them what a beautiful rumble the V8 with o/r x and loudmouth 1s makes. I passed by all of them in 4th. As soon as I get ahead of the group the M3 swoops in behind me with his aftermarket halos shining, as he attempts to defend his group. We slowly weave through a few cars and he passes me. He then slows as no traffic remains. I speed up to him and put it in 3rd. (Daaang Mach is sounding tuff). His friend pulls out the camera, so I know its going down. I'm staring at the m3 grill on the fender, just waiting. BAM, he takes the hit. I'm not sure how my 4.10s are going to handle this situation on the freeway...his jump puts that shiny m3 badge on my headlight.. but then it happens- the Mach, pounding pistons, reels him back in. Third gear ends with his halos half a car off my rear bumper. I normally shift at 6k, but was pulling, so I let her rap out to 6800. I pound 4th gear and continue to walk. I shut it down, and he drives up next to me. His friend in the front seat nods his head in approval and I take the next exit as they leave town.
I'm very proud of the ol' Mach
Mods are JLT intake, SLP o/r X, SLP LM1 cat back, BBK 65mm throttle body, 4.10s, SCT rich tune.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill.

My sweetest memory of an M3 kill was back in 05. Some punk 20 something pulls along side of me in his shinny new red M3 (sweet looking ride). I turn my head to acknowledge him and as soon as we make eye contact he gives me this shit eating smirk like his car is superior to my POS Ferd Mustang.

We both hammer down it was game over for him in one gear. His shit was so weak I walked him by 5-6 cars in 2 gears.

I slowed down in an attempt to let him come along side of me, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He stayed behind me the whole time then pulled off in McDonald's. Humiliated he was.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nice kill.

My sweetest memory of an M3 kill was back in 05. Some punk 20 something pulls along side of me in his shinny new red M3 (sweet looking ride). I turn my head to acknowledge him and as soon as we make eye contact he gives me this shit eating smirk like his car is superior to my POS Ferd Mustang.

We both hammer down it was game over for him in one gear. His shit was so weak I walked him by 5-6 cars in 2 gears.

I slowed down in an attempt to let him come along side of me, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He stayed behind me the whole time then pulled off in McDonald's. Humiliated he was.
NICE. A BMW club has their "M Fest" at the vegas track last week. They were so stuck up, staring us down. It was a great show- they missed gears like hill Billys are missing teeth. Great to see that you can't buy your skills.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Good kill, op. I walked away from an e46 with just a bassani catted x pipe and a magnapack catback with no tune in my 04 mach about 4 or 5 years ago. The older non V8 m3s just arent that fast.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
4.10s on the highway ftl though. What do you top out at? 115 in 4th?

Nice kill

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
4.10s on the highway ftl though. What do you top out at? 115 in 4th?

Nice kill

If memory serves:

3.55s -> 130
4.10s -> 125
4.30s -> 120

I was thinking of doing 4.30s, but thought I MIGHT have a better chance of having some top end left with 4.10s. I think it was perfect though- at 60 I would have had to be in 3rd with 3.55s anyway, so I was 500 RPM higher than stock. I have some testing to do with my buddy's Mach 1 :beer:

Payne Racing 67

Established Member
Good kill. The e46's are damn sexy, but really nothing special power wise. Full bolton's net's them 3-310rwhp. Only one I ever lost to was a turbo'd one in my H/C/I foxbody a few years back. THAT was a fast car

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
If memory serves:

3.55s -> 130
4.10s -> 125
4.30s -> 120

I was thinking of doing 4.30s, but thought I MIGHT have a better chance of having some top end left with 4.10s. I think it was perfect though- at 60 I would have had to be in 3rd with 3.55s anyway, so I was 500 RPM higher than stock. I have some testing to do with my buddy's Mach 1 :beer:

You are correct..about 127mph with my 4.10s at 6200 rpms. I will usually hold it a little longer though.
Good run against the M.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
It was a fair match up. For their day they were both fast cars when 215 HP GTs commonly roamed the streets. 2003 was the beginning of the HP rise IMO as the Cobra, Evo, and other turbo cars started really coming into the game more commonly. Anyway, it was fun to run cars from the same era.

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I found this picture I snapped of. I forgot about it until now.
D0BB220E-C83F-43FB-BC6C-D8AE81491504-9726-00000B8B086C8888_zpsd53460d4.gif

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill...I am curious as to how the outcome would be stock for stock tho

kaz109

Established Member
Worse for the M3. 4.10s are not a freeway gear

I really doubt that since it has more power and is lighter but then again anything can happen on the streets. You know I take that back as I am not 100% it is lighter

Users who are viewing this thread