Mach 1 VS asshole driving an 02 camaro SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I hate to disagree, but spinning will not always get you a higher trap speed. A little bit of spin *might*, a lot of spin will not.

Bob

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
I hate to disagree, but spinning will not always get you a higher trap speed. A little bit of spin *might*, a lot of spin will not.

Bob

Maybe I didnt' word myself correctly, but I did say typically and spinning. Not Always, and Alot of spin. :shrug:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Orr89 - let's not forget, trap speed has nothing to do with launch. In fact, spinning at launch will typically get you a higher trap, and good launch will get you a great ET, but lower trap spd........maybe I mis-understood you..??

true... thanks for correcting me...i ment to say it will do high 12's if launched right... trap speed only varies slightly with launch. when i spin the tires for abit, my traps are down about 1mph. when i cut 2.0 60's and not my usual 1.90 or so, my traps are down .4 mph or so LOL although that could be just variance from shift points and run to run stuff. lol

Stopsign32v

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Orr89 - let's not forget, trap speed has nothing to do with launch. In fact, spinning at launch will typically get you a higher trap, and good launch will get you a great ET, but lower trap spd........maybe I mis-understood you..??

It depends on the car. Typically a manual tranny turbo car will have a higher trap speed with more spinning. However a N/A car, nitrous, or Supercharged car will see a gain in mph with a better launch. My best trap speed to date was on a 1.5 60'.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
GRenade - stopsign....believe me, I know.

I guess Orroc and I both worded ourselves incorrectly. LOL

<------Dork!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
guess Orroc and I both worded ourselves incorrectly. LOL

<------Dork!

i hear you on that.. its been a rough week for me and it still goin... my mind is fried

lol

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
i hear you on that.. its been a rough week for me and it still goin... my mind is fried

lol

HEY - the dork is pointing at your too. :lol: :beer:

blackfang

Established Member
BrokeUoff said:
320 rwhp stock on an LS1 is either a ringer, or a high reading dyno. I've NEVER seen a c5 vette or fbod, truly dyno 320+ rwhp stock.

Look at the mph, not the e.t.

this whole argument is stupid and moot. Lets see some stockers run.
I have seen a bone stock 01 SS dyno 319 rwhp. Same day my roomates 02 WS6 with a cutout and lid auto dyno 331 rwhp. That dyno has been very accurate.

I agree this entire thread is stupid as many are just typing and not really know wtf they are typing about.

LS1's normally run anywhere from a 13.0-14.0(yes some cant drive)
Mach 1's run 13.0-14.0 (see above)
03+ Cobras can run 12.4-14.0(yes i have beaten a 14 second 03 cobra)

Does that mean there arent faster cars due to the driver? You bet there are. Point is, this thread is ****ing stupid, we all are stupid for contributing to stupid bullsh!t that each side won't agree on.

todd4168

Established Member
I have had no problem beating terminators, I do like them and they are quick but an ls1 will hang pretty even. Just my opinion thanks :pepper:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
For God's sake it doesn't matter what this car dyno'd or that car dyno'd. You can't compare one dyno pull to another unless it was made on the same machine on the same day and under the same conditions. All of them are slightly different. I once dyno'd my 99 Cobra on 3 different units (3 different days) and came up with a 15 RWHP spread. No changes. All SAE. Did I somehow magically lose/gain HP between the units? A guy here locally made 399 RWHP on his GTO at one dyno facility, took it to another with no changes and made 354 RWHP. Gee Wally, do we have a problem here?

The dyno is a tool. Its value is in tuning and showing HP differences from one mod to the next. Racing dynos might be fun on the internet, but it doesn't count for squat on the track.

candidate zero

Established Member
Everyone is arguing dyno numbers this dyno numbers that, but what matters is ETs. You can have 1000 hp on a bad setup and be slow. You can have 324 rwhp and 298 rwtq and run an 11.7 at 114.5 like one of the guys in RevX.

Just get to the track and take a break from magazines and the internet!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
The dyno is a tool. Its value is in tuning and showing HP differences from one mod to the next. Racing dynos might be fun on the internet, but it doesn't count for squat on the track

true.. i agree. only if both cars dyno'd the same time and same dyno would it be truely fair to compare

blackfang

Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
A guy here locally made 399 RWHP on his GTO at one dyno facility, took it to another with no changes and made 354 RWHP. Gee Wally, do we have a problem here?

The dyno is a tool. Its value is in tuning and showing HP differences from one mod to the next. Racing dynos might be fun on the internet, but it doesn't count for squat on the track.
LOL...ahh Nicks GTO

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
For God's sake it doesn't matter what this car dyno'd or that car dyno'd. You can't compare one dyno pull to another unless it was made on the same machine on the same day and under the same conditions. All of them are slightly different. I once dyno'd my 99 Cobra on 3 different units (3 different days) and came up with a 15 RWHP spread. No changes. All SAE. Did I somehow magically lose/gain HP between the units? A guy here locally made 399 RWHP on his GTO at one dyno facility, took it to another with no changes and made 354 RWHP. Gee Wally, do we have a problem here?

Soooo, what exactly, is it you are trying to say??

Just playing. ANd I totally agree. :thumbsup:

Crawlin01z28

crawlin LsWon
so this whole 03-04 cobra thing vs ls1's is blown way out of proportion.
a bolt on ls1, im just talking exhuast and a lid on a tire can hang with 03-04 cobras. we have kids out here in chicago with kenne belle cobras with nitrous wanting spots from cam only ls1's.... if the ls1's werent so "fast" why are these people crying for spotS?
Just my .2 :banana:

the gen 3 small block (ls1...etc..) are an all aluminum v8 with 15* heads, if the ls1 didnt have the heads the car wouldnt be making that much power.

Crawlin01z28

crawlin LsWon
Bob Cosby said:

with some dynos you can adjust the multiplier on it. its not too hard to do that on a mustang dyno. i can make a stock car with 290 rwhp have 500 rwhp with just screwing around with some adjustments. it may look good on paper but the car only has 290 horses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread