Mach 1 vs 6.0 GTO

Fordbaby

Established Member
Just tryin to get some opinions. A guy I know with a m6 6.0 GTO that wants to run me on the drag strip. He's got a cam, full exhaust and street tires and put down 400hp and 380ftlbs on a dynojet. My Mach has bbk lts o/r h, borla stingers and nitto drs. What do you guys think the outcome will be? My best time totally stock on street tires was a 13.5. I'm hopin to get into the 12s now.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Only relatively cheap and quick mod you can do is spray. Also make sure you hook.

Tunink

Established Member
My A4 GTO LS2 went 13.1 with a 2.0 60' bone stock, and @ our "eighth mile" (600' track 60' short) went a 7.66, which would equate out to be a 7.9x/8.00 in the true eighth.

Good luck.

Monster Mach

Established Member
if he can drive he will take you... i can take stock 6.0s but modded vs stock no way... your mods will help but we will see

clc44

Established Member
Throw some 4.30's and a good tune on it and give it a shot. Worse thing that can happen is you lose to a more powerful car. Have fun!!

buckinwild

Established Member
Speaking as someone who has raced one already that pretty much fits that desciption, all I can say is don't put more money than your willing to lose or pinks on this race. I mean he's got nearly 80 hp at least on you. You should get him out of the hole but man it'll get ugly fast by half track I'm betting. I predict he's probably mid 12's and you low 13's to high 12's best. Good luck man.:thumbsup:

dark-knight

Established Member
yea, if he can drive, its over..

i raced one with bolt-ons at 390whp tuned. and we are dead even all the way to 120. on a track is different cause he was on stock tires so all he did was spin off the line.

i just have weight reduction/suspension. intake, upr mid-pipe, and 4.30 gears.

clc44

Established Member
yea, if he can drive, its over..

i raced one with bolt-ons at 390whp tuned. and we are dead even all the way to 120. on a track is different cause he was on stock tires so all he did was spin off the line.

i just have weight reduction/suspension. intake, upr mid-pipe, and 4.30 gears.

Still on stock CB and tune? Also 12.99 on street tires? I'm trying to get into the 12's ASAP. I only have a UPR o/r x pipe. I'm either doing tune/tune/RAI or gears (4.30's)

Users who are viewing this thread