Mach 1 vs. 240sx

blumnday99

Established Member
This is from a little car cruise the last weekend.

I've got a built and blown Mach 1....I'm pretty sure my new 03 cobra bumper added something like 150 hp. Before the bumper I dynoed at about 490 rwhp.

Other car was a 240sx with a 1jz supra engine. Usually dynoed at 425 rwhp but had the boost turned down a little because it was a hot day. Owner estimates somewhere around 390-400 rwhp in a ~3000 lb. car. 240sx had two passengers.

Runs were done from about 65-135.

I believe I started in 3rd and topped out 4th.

All shot in Mexico...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D50b_Ctd3Iw"]YouTube- VID00017.MP4[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFlg-2JBGk"]YouTube- VID00018.MP4[/nomedia]

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
No offense OP because I think the daylight videos are much more exciting than the night time, headlights dancing through the darkness crap, but these were pretty damn dull. I am a huge Azure Blue fan so compliments on the car, but it looked like everyone involved in filming these videos needed a couple Red Bulls, Red Bulls, Red Bulls...

blumnday99

Established Member
Procharged + comp stage 2 cams.

I was a little tired in the video...that was after driving 100 miles or so. Just happened to line up on the freeway, but next time I'll keep some red bull handy.

Last edited:

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, for a non-edited video, it was alright...good clarity, sound, and it wasn't shaky, but you guys looked like you were going to a funeral, not racing to 100+MPH. At any rate, Azure Blue FTW:banana:

blumnday99

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, for a non-edited video, it was alright...good clarity, sound, and it wasn't shaky, but you guys looked like you were going to a funeral, not racing to 100+MPH. At any rate, Azure Blue FTW:banana:

Yeah...there was another car behind us that I thought was filming, but I guess it didn't come out. I think the passenger was using their IPhone for this too.

BM1

Established Member
That is normal for a race bypass. That means it's working. Vortech bypasses are usually quieter unless you're on a blow-through setup and venting it to the atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread