mach 1 vs 03 Cobra

Wild Bill

Established Member
Well I borrowed Dan's mach 1 for the day.It was a lot of fun,I got more attention in that car than I do in my Cobra.Exhaust and it being yellow made sure of that.The mods include;4.10s,tires,sub frames,chip,full exhaust,battery relocated,and 75 dry shot.I did not use the nitrous per Dan's request.The car can move and is intimidating.A C5 vert owner wanted to play but when I jumped out ahead he quickley shut down and turned off.I really think I could have taken him all the way to triple digets.Later on I met up with a couple of guys from this site with Cobras and the mach held its own.I even managed to run toe to toe with an 03 all the way to 4th.I already liked the mach,but now I have even more respect for what these cars can do.All in all a fun day that I will remember for a long time.:thumbsup:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Thanks for that report buddy......you never know how a car is until you actually spend some time in the car. People 03 Cobra owners hear 305 hp and think they are way above that with their 390 hp.....but from me owning both...the 03/04 Cobra is not that far ahead...which to me is amazing since the Mach 1 still is N.A. Ford did do their homework on this car. Thanks again....

Vegas Mach1

Established Member
Interesting comments Bill. Glad you enjoyed the ride. I would like to here the Mach owner's impressions too.
BTW I've had the Blue Mach since Dec and had my first kill today.
Smoked a BMW 740 coming off Summerlin Pky on 215. What a rush...

Wild Bill

Established Member
Originally posted by Vegas Mach1
Interesting comments Bill. Glad you enjoyed the ride. I would like to here the Mach owner's impressions too.
BTW I've had the Blue Mach since Dec and had my first kill today.
Smoked a BMW 740 coming off Summerlin Pky on 215. What a rush...
Good kill! The owner of the mach 1's name is Dan,and he knows who you are from the mach 1 registry.

71stang99

Established Member
You Mach guys are tighter then the Cobra guys in town, I have yet to run into any Vegas 03 Cobras however I know a couple from when I had my 99, its good to see some organized Mustang groups in Vegas.

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
HEY all you vegas guys anyone want to meet up at the track Friday the 3rd for Midnight Mayhem???? I already seen Bill there we raced him a few times it was fun but my car wasent running right then,now it is and I have 3.73's:D So if anyone else is going let me know because I'll be out there. Hope to see some Vegas guys out there.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Originally posted by 98gtstang
HEY all you vegas guys anyone want to meet up at the track Friday the 3rd for Midnight Mayhem???? I already seen Bill there we raced him a few times it was fun but my car wasent running right then,now it is and I have 3.73's:D So if anyone else is going let me know because I'll be out there. Hope to see some Vegas guys out there.
Dont know if I can make it,but I'll look for you guys if I can. How are you liking the 3.73s?:)

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
When I posted this yesterday I was spose to get my car. But they have not got to her yet, I will have them by the time of the races friday. :burnout: Now I just sit here thinking how they are going to be LOL. Hope to see ya out there.

cmylxgo

Established Member
Add a little boost and watch what happens to a cobra. The look on their faces when an Automatic Mach 1 stomps them is priceless :thumbsup: I have found that most Cobra owners think they are unbeatable when they do any type of moding to their cars.

In most cases...the 03 Cobra is hard to beat..even in stock form. Way to go Ford!

-Corey

Users who are viewing this thread