Mach 1 spoiler on a Termy???

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Anybody runnin' the Mach 1 chin spoiler on the 03-04 Cobra??? I like the looks of it on the Mach and thinking about throwing one on my Termy.

The stock 03-04 Cobra has a small black plastic strip below the bumper. Does the Mach 1 chin spoiler bolt up in the exact same spot as this plastic strip???

Oh and how is the clearance with the Mach 1 chin spoiler??? I'm always hittin' somethin' with that stock piece, is the Mach 1 piece much lower???

Late Model Mustang Restoration sells one for the Cobra (LRS-17626A) that looks like just like the Mach 1 piece (LRS-17626M1-K). Only problem it's about $15 more. Will the Mach 1 piece fit the Cobra bumper???

Anybody out there make this mod??? Comments...opinions...

Thanks...

Later...Dave

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
stock Mach1 will be about an inch short on both sides.

There are a couple of Terminators running them, and most get bad comments/reactions. Personally, while I don't think it fits, it doesn't look as bad as everyone makes it out to.. Do what you want. It's your car....you have to look at it :beer: If you don't like it, take it off and sell it to a mach1 guy :)

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I guess the Cobra part # I listed above will have the extentions to fit the Cobra bumper. That's probably why it's a few bucks more. I'll call them in the morning to verify the difference.

For the Mach 1: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/search.aspx?q=LRS-17626M1-K

For the 03-04 Cobra: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/search.aspx?q=LRS-17626A

Later...Dave

Dave, are you sure that the one listed for the '03-'04 is a MachI style, and not just a replacement of the stock Cobra? I followed your link, and it doesn't say anything in the description. Please update us after you call Late Model Resto.

Brian

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Dave, are you sure that the one listed for the '03-'04 is a MachI style, and not just a replacement of the stock Cobra? I followed your link, and it doesn't say anything in the description. Please update us after you call Late Model Resto.

Brian

Yep, I noticed that too...could be the stocker??? I'll try calling them today and post more info. If it's a Mach 1 chin spoiler that fit's 03-04 Cobra's that would be pretty cool!!!

Later...Dave

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Like most subjects, multiple threads already exist on this...

I believe the one by HISSMAN has pictures and tech

Last edited:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Like most subjects, multiple threads already exist on this...

I believe the one by HISSMAN has pictures and tech

I did search but couldn't find the answers I needed. I'll try the HISSMAN thread...can someone give me the linky???

BTW, I confirmed with LMR about the two parts above today...

Cobra piece is the stock OEM Cobra (rounded) chin spoiler and the Mach piece is...you guessed it...the stock OEM Mach 1 style chin spoiler.

I know back in 2004-2005, you could get the Mach 1 spoiler for $59...now it goes for over a $100.

I think I'll stay with the stock OEM Cobra piece, too much beans for the mostly cosmetic Mach 1 piece. In addition, don't know if I'm sold on it's look anyways???

Thanks for your input guys...

:beer:

Later...Dave

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
The mach chin spoiler throws off the whole front end imo, just doesn't flow. It's a nice spoiler, just not on our cars

Users who are viewing this thread