Mach 1 Questions (kinda long read)

03CobraDude

Well, a good friend who works at a car dealership dropped a red 2003 Mach 1 off at the house today. He knows I'm going off to college and oviously wants to sell. (No harm in that). I know the Mach 1's are powerful cars and need respect, and I'll give 'em that.

I'm used to driving a Terminator Convertible. The Mach, however, feels WAY lighter, stiffer, and the turning feels excelent! I'm just having problems with smooth shifts because the clutch grabs a lot closer to the driver than the Cobra's. I only drov eit for about 20 minutes and fell in love with it. To me, it seems like it's in pretty good shape. He said he wanted somethinga round $18,000 for it with 24,000 miles. I'm pretty sure it's stock (Quiet exhaust, feels a tad slower than the Cobra) Gasoline will not be an issue in college seeing as I have a few "good" jobs lined up. If we purchase it, I would begin to mod the car (basic -- midpipe, catback, intake) after about a year of owning it (need to get the money saved up).

I just figured I would get some opinions on the car from people who have owned some Mach 1s and modded them as well. The car would be my DD in college also.

Below are a few pics!!!

Picture016.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture030.jpg

It seems in great condition, but I also have a few other questions.

In the two pics below, it shows that on one date, the mileage is xx,xxx miles, and on the next update, the mileage seems rolled back. Any ideas on this one? :smmon:

Picture032.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Edit: SORRY FOR THE BIG PICS! I don't really know how to resize them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
I dont have any mods in mine yet, but that price seems a bit steep. I bought my 03 in December 2008 with 25000 miles on it for 14000. Completely stock and immaculately kept.

03CobraDude

I dont have any mods in mine yet, but that price seems a bit steep. I bought my 03 in December 2008 with 25000 miles on it for 14000. Completely stock and immaculately kept.

Would it make for a good daily driver? The clutch isn't too heavy and gas mileage and prices wouldn't be a problem... I'm pretty sure we could knock the guy down a few thousand also...

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Would it make for a good daily driver? The clutch isn't too heavy and gas mileage and prices wouldn't be a problem... I'm pretty sure we could knock the guy down a few thousand also...

I think its a perfect daily driver. Currently, its the only car I own, so it kinda has to be that way. Clutch feels fine to me. I had my 04 GT as a DD with a centerforce dual friction in it, so I suppose this clutch is a little more forgiving than the the centerforce. I would buy it. I have no regrets.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Yeah $18k bone stock even with 24k miles is pretty steep. I have mine for sale with a good bit of mods, with 68k miles for $14.5k!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

I daily drive mine.....it was a lot easier to DD with the stock gears and the fuel economy was high 20's with just CAI and catback.

17-19k is about right for this part of NC- but others are far cheaper- saw one @ a stealership in VA for 12k. Same place had Terminators starting @ 17k. Thry had 7 of them!!:eek:)

I'd pass on this one unless he was willing to drop the price by about 3-4k. JMO and GL:thumbsup:

03CobraDude

I'm thinkin' we could work him down about 2-3k. That would put it around 15-16 thousand... Would that be more reasonable?

My dad would help pay for the vehicle, and I would pay him back the difference when I get the funds.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Bone stock id say not more than 16, :) If your gonna spend 18k pm me ill drive her to Kansas if your gonna drop that on a stock one cuz mine had some mods!!! :)

Last edited:

Mustanger

Established Member
Go for it! Mach 1's are incredible cars...we love our 04 & it gets between 26-28mpg very easily on the freeway...about 19-20 in town. You won't believe the highest mpg reached!

The Mach is so easy to live with on a DD basis...light smooth clutch, already lowered 1/2", nice IUP interior, & I love the shaker hood! Just get the price down a couple thousand...

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and I DD the car. I love it, its the kind of car that it runs/rides great if drive like a normal person, it doesnt act like it wants to GOOO, even though it will. But when you want to play its plenty of fun. I love mine so far, just gotta get a shorter shifter haha.

Good luck, you'll love it. I know I do :D

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
I've had an 04 mach1 and an 04 cobra.. both for my daily drivers. Good thing about the mach is the solid rear and no wheel hop. Bad thing is i hated 5th gear. Felt like hitting a brick wall. If i had another mach 1 my essential mods would be 4.10's, 31 spline axles and carrier, welded axle tubes, Dr's, lower, and of course exhaust. Do those and a mach will run GOOOOD and not break. Also, i liked the termy seats better than the mach as my ass wouldn't stick to them. If i were you, i would offer 16,000 cash and if you doesn't want that, leave it.

03CobraDude

Thanks for the input... I think we'll try to drive him down a bit...

But what about the odometer? (Last two pics).

On one date, it was around 18,000, and then a few months later, it was dropped to 16,000 miles... Any ideas on that?

Users who are viewing this thread