Mach 1 procharger kit compatibility on 99 Cobra?

Slow bruh

Edit: Are they similar enough to make it a fairly easy install or would it need different brackets, belts etc.?

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
pretty sure the bracket and belt will be different. I believe you have the 3 bolt tensioner (which is good!) but I cant imagine it uses the same bracket or belt length.

Slow bruh

pretty sure the bracket and belt will be different. I believe you have the 3 bolt tensioner (which is good!) but I cant imagine it uses the same bracket or belt length.

Would a mach 1 tensioner bolt up to my block or no? If that's the extent of differences that might not be terrible, even if I need something simple fabbed up.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Would a mach 1 tensioner bolt up to my block or no? If that's the extent of differences that might not be terrible, even if I need something simple fabbed up.

tensioners arent interchangeable - you want the 3 bolt set up anyway, its significantly better at fighting belt slip. You might be able to find someone who wants to swap brackets and could also try looking on superchargers4less or whatever some of those sites are, might be cheaper than a new bracket from procharger.

Slow bruh

tensioners arent interchangeable - you want the 3 bolt set up anyway, its significantly better at fighting belt slip. You might be able to find someone who wants to swap brackets and could also try looking on superchargers4less or whatever some of those sites are, might be cheaper than a new bracket from procharger.
Thanks. Now that you mention it, I'll email someone at procharger and try to get a list of different kit components and a price on the bracket and anything else.

Slow bruh

Called ATI and they said I should need the bracket and the coolant cross, because even though it appears to look the same as mine it goes into the IM differently?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess if they say so...

I’d just sell the crossover and get a delete kit, makes life exponentially easier and looks better too

01yellercobra

Established Member
The only reason I could see needing a different crossover is if the 96-99 bracket puts the blower in a different spot than the 01+. Easy way to check is to look up the part numbers between the two. From what I remember they're the same. But it's been a minute for me.

Users who are viewing this thread