Mach 1 PCM or Baumanator?

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
I'm seriously considering going auto and wanted to get a general consensus on how to control the trans. Pros and cons of either mentioned in the title...

I do not want to go with a manual valve body, as my wife may drive it and if I'm just cruising, I dont want to be shifting all the time. I guess if I'm going to do it, I just want it to act like its factory.

03Steve

Established Member
I've worked with both. I currently have a CVAF1 (24MHz) auto valvebody in the car and a FBFG2 (27MHz) is in future plans. I have one from a 2004 GT on the shelf. Same processing speed at a Mach 1 SYM2/FBFG2 PCM.

The stock PCM has more control than the Baumannator. That is why I run it. The limiting factor is the valvebody itself. Without simultaneous application of reverse/3rd clutches, the holding capacity of the frictions available is limited.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I've worked with both. I currently have a CVAF1 (24MHz) auto valvebody in the car and a FBFG2 (27MHz) is in future plans. I have one from a 2004 GT on the shelf. Same processing speed at a Mach 1 SYM2/FBFG2 PCM.

The stock PCM has more control than the Baumannator. That is why I run it. The limiting factor is the valvebody itself. Without simultaneous application of reverse/3rd clutches, the holding capacity of the frictions available is limited.
what about a loopz trans w 70 but usen aod or aode parts in them to make to stronger i want Baumannator also :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread