Mach 1 or Cobra overal Battle

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Just wondering in a overal value what wins. The cobra or mach 1.

The Cobra wins performance wise.
Loos i would say i love the Mach 1's looks
Handling cant say i ask for opinions from you guys plz.
Upgrade-ablility. exp. are the parts out there to upgrade or is it hard to fidn the partys needed.
Reliabilty. Have to save im 50/50 have herd problems with the mach 1 and with the cobra.
Traction?hmmmm Mach 1?

Well u guys post what u guys know/think. Were all wondering and guessing who will win thsi battle.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I have owned both as most know. The Cobra rides nicer due to the IRS. Drag racing wise...the Mach is better suited. The Mach feels very light while driving..I like that...the Cobra feels heavy. The stock shifter in the Mach is cake to use...the Cobra's stock shifter sucked. The shifter in the mach comes way back to and makes for a much better driving position in stock form. The seats in the Mach have more room for a larger person. I am more comfortable in the Mach 1. I love the looks of the Mach. Look out the windshield and seeing that Shaker is just so cool. The Mach in a 5 speed turns low 13's at 15 to 106...the Cobra turns high 12s at 110 to 111 mph. Handling the Cobra should be better on the twisties , especially when there are bumps in the curve. The Mach is no slouch in handling..very easy to throw around corners...lots of control. I am pretty sure there are alot less issues with problems with the Machs than with the Cobra's. I had no probs with my Cobra..but man...others sure did.

I like the solid rear for drag racing reasons on the Mach 1. They come with sort of a bolt in subframe connector...which is pretty cool.

The Cobra's easy high 11 second potential is amazing...a 2.93 upper pulley,chip,CAI, and catback and you are there.With the Mach ...to get 12's will be easy.....11's takes abit more mods to get there...and the best thing about the easy 12's with the Mach 1.....you dont have to worry about breaking into the 11's and needing a rollcage and longer studs and so on...the Mach 1 can stay stock. And getting out of the hole is going to be a blast in the Mach 1 compared to the Cobra.

Thats about it for now....

Hot Rod(A Mach 1 owner now)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Harry's has good points on the porky 03Cobra.

Well to be honest...i like the Mach1 Interior parts.

Seats have this very old but new style pattern.
Interior with its colored parts make it stand out & not boring.
Who doesnt love the Shaker on that Hood? Thats design is very nice & it sits so freaking high....i love it.

I do in the other hand love the seats on the Cobra's but not so much i wouldnt think twice for some race seats. The Guage Cluster on the 03Cobra i like.

But 2 different ideas on the car. Mach1 has that heritage of old coming to the new & it works for sure. 03Cobra u want some TQ.... < :D

Either way both cars has its place in the market.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
hmmmmm tough decision...... i guess i have 2 get em both, the cobra 4 me , and my mach 1 4 my dad. hehehhe i sure wish this could hapen i would trade in my truck for htis 2 happen that would be sweeeeeeeeeet.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Start with which ever car you feel the most comfortable driving. You can turn either car into whatever you want it to be.

I could have purchased either car. Came really close to buying a Cobra. I am happy I bought the Mach1. I was more comfortable in the seats in the Mach 1 and I liked the instrumentation with the interior upgrade. I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching the shaker do its thing. The parts to upgrade the suspension, gears and exhaust are pretty easy to come by. There are not a lot of options for upgrading the air system yet. Aftermarket chips are starting to pop up from everywhere. There are Turbo, supercharged and nitrous added Mach 1's running around. I am personally looking at going with a direct port nitrous system. If you like to dress up your cars there are a lot of aftermarket goodies for you. Just check out www.Mach1registry.com

Again, I think you will be happy with either car. Good luck in your decision!

:)

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
What exactly dose the " Shaker hood " do? i asome by the name of it , is that it shakes of course but is it just hood that shakes? ive seen it b 4 in person at the dealer i almost bought it but we didnt, its attatached to the motor and looks like it just takes up visibility room, dose it really take up room?

Tomcat427

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
What exactly dose the " Shaker hood " do? i asome by the name of it , is that it shakes of course but is it just hood that shakes? ive seen it b 4 in person at the dealer i almost bought it but we didnt, its attatached to the motor and looks like it just takes up visibility room, dose it really take up room?

It does shake and I raised mine so it would take up more room above the hood. It does take in air. I don't think it really helps until you get over 70mph but I have not tried to prove it.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
K well i think for the price and the hazards im goin with a Mach 1, but if i can get a cobra ill choose it. Im only 16 and many people think that i should start off with a low wend mustang like 96-99, but naw ill just start off with a good 300+ hp stang. K lets talk about problems with these cars.

Cobra: Shifter stuck?, thats all i know so far.
Mach 1: nuttin that i know of, but is there problems with the shaker getting wet or something?

Tomcat427

Established Member
K well i think for the price and the hazards im goin with a Mach 1, but if i can get a cobra ill choose it. Im only 16 and many people think that i should start off with a low wend mustang like 96-99, but naw ill just start off with a good 300+ hp stang. K lets talk about problems with these cars.

Cobra: Shifter stuck?, thats all i know so far.
Mach 1: nuttin that i know of, but is there problems with the shaker getting wet or something?

No problems with water in the shaker.

Problems that I have had are:

1. Transmission, hard shifting from 2-3 at high rpm's, Ford fixed it all under warranty.

2. The passenger side seat needed a kit for it to allign properly. Ford fixed it under warranty.

3. ABS light came on, fixed under warranty. Sensor was out of allignment.

I'm sure other people have had other problems and some of course have no problems at all.

Tomcat427

Established Member
How would it help u over 70 MPH? Nice u raised it up how many inches? and how did u do it?

At 70mph the air is being pick up by the shaker instead of the fender well. Colder air is better for performance.

It is really easy to raise. I rasied mine about 1/4 inch. Disconnect the air flow tube from the filter. The shaker just pops off of the post. Take off the adjustment nust off of the studs. Most people put 3 washers on each stud, put back on the adjustment nut. Pop the shaker assembly back on, reconnect the air tube and you are done.

Again, good luck in your decision:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread