Mach 1 oil leak issue. Please help!!

btmach1

Whippled Sonic Blue
Established Member
I've got an oil leak on my 03 Mach 1 coming from what looks like the alen plug right next to where the oil filter screws on. I've taken the bolt out and sealed it but its still leaking!! Anyone else had this problem? How can I fix my leak?? Any help would be great!

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Oil filter adapter may have a crack in it. If you took out the allen plug at the bottom and applied thread sealer and it still leaks, that long neck could have a crack. I had one replaced on my f250 with similar design that had more then a drip.

4v_mach1

Established Member
Mine had the same issue and it had a hairline crack. I just replaced it with a 99/01 cobra oil cooler. If you find it cracked let me know i have a spare one for sale off another engine. If it has to be replaced get ready for a gang load of coolant to spill out and you'll have to go through the bleeding procedure when you're done installing it.

Last edited:

btmach1

Whippled Sonic Blue
Established Member
This isn't my picture but it's exactly what my car is having an issue with where the alen plug is circled
whatis.gif

Last edited:

btmach1

Whippled Sonic Blue
Established Member
I got a new gasket from my work for the oil filter adapter (which is what the parts manual called it anyways). I got the gasket cause I've heard it's a common problem for the gasket to go bad. So when I got home I cleaned up all the oil that had leaked and around all the bolts and border of the gasket. After I cleaned and dried everything I started the car and with the help of a flashlight I watched and sure enough the leak started right at the gasket and ran down the housing to that alen bolt.
So long story short I replaced the gasket and we shall see tomorrow if that took care of my oil leak!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread