Mach 1 idle issue - not the hanging idle

Blitz34

Established Member
So I've noticed recently my idle has gradually become worse and worse. I don't have an issue with it hanging but the opposite. It ran fine when I bought it and idled smooth. I have the K&N Ram air intake kit for starters which I have read could be involved, although it was installed long before the issue ever occurred.

My idle has as of late when cold idles at 1000, warms and will usually idle at 700-800.

Well now it idles at 700, and after about 5 minutes of continuous idling, almost like clockwork, it will become rough bobbing inconsistently from 700-500 and at some times down to 200 almost stalling. I have had it stall at idle once, and also while rolling into a parking spot twice with the clutch pressed in and in neutral.

I cleaned my maf, throttle body, and IAC valve, as well as tested the valve based on the ohms reading it gave. The test sheet says it needed to read 7-13 ohms otherwise replace it and it registered 9.5

Also changed the fuel filter too on a side note. I tested the battery, starter, and alternator as well to rule out lack of power.

What would cause a sudden change in my idle? Nothing has changed in the tune or otherwise mechanically since I bought it 3 months ago and this has recently started. No codes are thrown indicating a bad sensor or IAC either.

Any help or possible list of things to try to rule out would be greatly appreciated.

Just a recap

rough idle 700-500 with low dips to 200 and sometimes resulting in a stall.

TuFFstang

Established Member
Idle

Have you tried to clean the IAT sensor. Easy to do, unplug connector, two bolts, be careful with gasket. Spray some carb or brake cleaner in the solenoid to clean the plunger, wipe clean and install. more info over on the mach1registry.

worked for me....

Blitz34

Established Member
IAT is intake air temp sensor right? Correct me if I'm wrong. When I bought it I cleaned most of the sensors including the IAC, TPS, and MAF.

blown up

Established Member
Stalling issues

So I've noticed recently my idle has gradually become worse and worse. I don't have an issue with it hanging but the opposite. It ran fine when I bought it and idled smooth. I have the K&N Ram air intake kit for starters which I have read could be involved, although it was installed long before the issue ever occurred.

My idle has as of late when cold idles at 1000, warms and will usually idle at 700-800.

Well now it idles at 700, and after about 5 minutes of continuous idling, almost like clockwork, it will become rough bobbing inconsistently from 700-500 and at some times down to 200 almost stalling. I have had it stall at idle once, and also while rolling into a parking spot twice with the clutch pressed in and in neutral.

I cleaned my maf, throttle body, and IAC valve, as well as tested the valve based on the ohms reading it gave. The test sheet says it needed to read 7-13 ohms otherwise replace it and it registered 9.5

Also changed the fuel filter too on a side note. I tested the battery, starter, and alternator as well to rule out lack of power.

What would cause a sudden change in my idle? Nothing has changed in the tune or otherwise mechanically since I bought it 3 months ago and this has recently started. No codes are thrown indicating a bad sensor or IAC either.

Any help or possible list of things to try to rule out would be greatly appreciated.

Just a recap

rough idle 700-500 with low dips to 200 and sometimes resulting in a stall.

I am having the same issues still searching, If I figure it out I will let you know. This sux.

cleanmach1

Established Member
I appreciate that man. I'm working on it too

I have your problem with it dying in neutral. Espicially if im coming to a red light going about 40 and try to coast in neutral it randomly will die on me. I now have to downshift coming to a stop in fear of car dying and losing steering and brakes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Blitz34

Established Member
I have your problem with it dying in neutral. Espicially if im coming to a red light going about 40 and try to coast in neutral it randomly will die on me. I now have to downshift coming to a stop in fear of car dying and losing steering and brakes.

I've only had that happen twice but I was only moving 5mph if that before it died. Never at high speeds. I'm not sure what the deal is. None of my vac lines are loose either.

Wheelie151

Established Member

This almost sounds vacuum related , try checking for vacuum leaks

Users who are viewing this thread