Mach 1 Gas mileage

SVT_Cobra_

Established Member
So i just picked up a 2004 Azure blue mach 1 that has 4.30 gears in it, and i was wondering what type of mileage I should expect. I drove it back from where i bought it and went through an entire tank of just highway cruising at 70mph (2300-2400rpm) and got 19mpg. I was expecting a little bit higher then this. Its not a huge issue that its low mileage, i wasnt buying the car for good mileage, but my concern is that maybe there could be something causing it to get that? I hear of most mach guys getting anywhere from 22-24mpg on the highway with that steep of gears. The car only has 6k miles so its hard to believe it might need something but i figured id ask anyways. Is this about normal for highway driving? Thanks

Shakin4v

Established Member
Alot of it is speed dependent and rpms, my mach, with stock 3.55 gears, at 70 mph on a 150-180 mile trip will get 24mpg, however ive gotten as good as 30mpg going to Iowa last year, but i was going 60mph. I went from the middle of Missouri to the middle of Iowa and BACK on one tank of gas:) I also took it to the track last year which is 3 hours from where i live, drive 55mph most of the way, made 5 hot lapped passes and drove back home and got 26 mpg lol my car is an auto by the way, so no throwing it in neutral and coasting either. But if your worried about it check everything (filter, plugs, air filter, tire pressure [door says 30psi, I run mine at 35psi and have no tire issues]) it may help a little but alot of that stuff is cheap to replace...with all of that being said your right, a car with your gears should see atleast 20 on the highway if your not playing around, also, just because your car only has 6k miles on it doesnt mean its still a brand new car, alot car happen when a car sits for 10 years.....and nice steal;)

Users who are viewing this thread