Mach 1 exhaust?

mr-mstng

Established Member
Ok, Mach 1 owners, what exhaust are you running, and why do/don't you like it? Looking for opinions.

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
I'm running the magnapacks and the magnaflow high flow x pipe 2.5 in. all the way around.
I love the system and think it sounds great. It does however, change the sound of the car. Now the mach sounds a bit more like an exotic, but an angry, muscular exotic. I think that is the sound you are gonna get from any x pipe install.
The magnapacks are louder 'n hell, so if you don't want too loud, don't get 'em. At idle and cruise they are just a hair louder than stock, but when you get on it, watch out, people know you are coming.
I felt a gain around the higher RPM's but I felt a small loss of low end TQ.
Overall its a great system. The adjustable tips are kinda crappy though. Twice the set screw that secures the adjustable tips have vibrated OFF the tips and now I have no way to secure them other than the clamp at the end of the tips, so now they are crooked as all hell.

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
hey Steve, did you get your Mach back from the dealer yet?

my exhaust mods as of now is just a BBK o/r X-pipe. The driver's side pipe was about a 1/2" too long, but a muffler shop made a quick fix of that. I'm probably going to run a Magnaflow or a SLP catback, haven't really decided yet.

mr-mstng

Established Member
Hmmm, tell me, do they get annoying on the highway? I want that nice deep sound, but nothing that will give a headache after a half hour on the highway. I had flowmasters (2 chamber) on an 87 GT, and they got annoying after a while. I have Dynomax Ulta flows on my Saleen, but the turbo elicits a different sound.

I have to change to something, its too freakin quiet!

Thanks!

Ford4me

AMERICAN!!!
Established Member
Cat back Magnaflows. You just hear a nice deep throaty sound in the front seats but in the rear of the car you hear the bad 10.1 to 1.0 compression. Solid stainless awesome.

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
Yes I got my mach back from the dealer last wed. Green Valley Ford in Fairfield did a great job and I would recommend them to anyone needing warranty work.
The packs have a bit of a drone on the highway, but definatley not like 2chamber flows.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey guys... I just installed the all new Borla Stinger System Part #140067 (I think).

I got it from Xtreme Motorsports... it was something like $499 delivered! All T-304 Stainless... about 18lbs Lighter than the stock system, and has the same tail pipes as our cars... polished rolled tips! But... 3 1/2 or 4" instead of the 2 1/2" stock ones.

Sound is AWESOME! Hopefully I can get some digital pics tomorrow... and post them for you guys!

Give Xtreme a call... they may have some dyno info... (I usually do before & after's... but with my Relo to CA... don't have the luxury at this time.)

Peace!

Dave

N20D5OH

Established Member
I'm running a BBK O/R H and Magnaflows. I like them at WOT but under light accerlation they are a tad loud to me, almost glasspack sounding. I'm going to switch to an X pipe because I've read that the straight through design and H pipes don't mix well.

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
Steve...one word: WELD!

Bullsh*t, I shouldn't have to pay someone else ADDITIONAL money just because magnaflows design sucks ass.
Now the set screw has fallen out of the other friggin tip and the tip has managed to work its way over to the exhaust cutouts and burn the f*cking paint off. This really pisses me the hell off. I called magnaflow's customer service line and it SUCKED ASS. They didn't give two sh*ts about my problem and had nothing to say. A rep called me back and explained that the tips used to be welded on to the system from the company, but differences in the way ford installed the rear valance caused the tips to look uneven, so thats why they designed the adjustable tips.
Ok I'm done crying now.....L.B I've seen you've worked your way over to the registry again. The same 'ol argument is underway in my thread for a KB blower, and I even specifically asked those guys not to bother posting about "weak internals" you're right, nothings changed.

mr-mstng

Established Member
Originally posted by 351c.i.d
Bullsh*t, I shouldn't have to pay someone else ADDITIONAL money just because magnaflows design sucks ass.
Now the set screw has fallen out of the other friggin tip and the tip has managed to work its way over to the exhaust cutouts and burn the f*cking paint off. This really pisses me the hell off. I called magnaflow's customer service line and it SUCKED ASS. They didn't give two sh*ts about my problem and had nothing to say. A rep called me back and explained that the tips used to be welded on to the system from the company, but differences in the way ford installed the rear valance caused the tips to look uneven, so thats why they designed the adjustable tips.
Ok I'm done crying now.....L.B I've seen you've worked your way over to the registry again. The same 'ol argument is underway in my thread for a KB blower, and I even specifically asked those guys not to bother posting about "weak internals" you're right, nothings changed.

I'd love to see pics!:)

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Steve I understand your frustration...but you know me...I'm not going to be a martyr and not dial my car in the way I want it "on principle"...

If you take your philosophy one step further...why are we all modding our cars? Because we want better parts and performance than Ford gave us...at our own expense :shrug:

Eric did a sweet install on mine and aligned my tips, then tacked them on...

L.B I've seen you've worked your way over to the registry again. The same 'ol argument is underway in my thread for a KB blower, and I even specifically asked those guys not to bother posting about "weak internals" you're right, nothings changed.
I've been lurking over there for a while...and felt compelled to post the other day when some tool posted that there "wasn't a Mach at SEMA" :rollseyes...I had to link him to the $200K XMP Mach... :bowdown: :rockon:

Your Kenne Bell post was similiar...you asked a simple question and got the same whining crying negative attitude and pissing match...I'm over it...
thumbsdown.gif
:nonono:

Steve if you are serious about a blower email Eric at XMP... here is the addy: [email protected] ...tell him I sent you...My car gets tuned on Wednesday...I will PM you with my results :eek: :rockon:
worshippy.gif

Last edited:

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
Im definately interested in a blower but it will be a while. I want to finish the other things I have planned for the car such as suspension, subframes, brakes, etc.
I've heard nothing but good things about KB so I'm leaning towards them, if can even be done, but I haven't totally ruled out a centrifugal. I'll be sure to email XMP for the info, thanks for the addy.
Im off in the A.M for another Bagdad-Europe run, so when I come back in a few weeks I'll take care of the exhaust tips.

grodgers

Established Member
Originally posted by mr-mstng
Ok, Mach 1 owners, what exhaust are you running, and why do/don't you like it? Looking for opinions.

Rob,

I have Magnaflow cat-back with stock H. It sounds great - I get comments all the time - but not so loud that you can't drive it through a neighborhood at night (but ya *do* have to shift at low rpm's..hehe).

I have had my flows for 5 weeks. I have *NOT* had any problems with the tips coming loose - but then again, I used a bit of blue loc-tite on the set screws before I tightened it down.

I'm very pleased - but there was a noticeable reduction in low-end tq, but she pulls very hard at the top - as will be the case with any cat-back.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Im definately interested in a blower but it will be a while. I want to finish the other things I have planned for the car such as suspension, subframes, brakes, etc.
I've heard nothing but good things about KB so I'm leaning towards them, if can even be done, but I haven't totally ruled out a centrifugal. I'll be sure to email XMP for the info, thanks for the addy.
Im off in the A.M for another Bagdad-Europe run, so when I come back in a few weeks I'll take care of the exhaust tips.

Steve...subs frames are very important ;-).

I wished that id gotten them when i 1st bought the car. Im sure i had some flex. Door isnt lined up like it used to be when i 1st had it :cryying:

mr-mstng

Established Member
Re: Re: Mach 1 exhaust?

Originally posted by grodgers
Rob,

I have Magnaflow cat-back with stock H. It sounds great - I get comments all the time - but not so loud that you can't drive it through a neighborhood at night (but ya *do* have to shift at low rpm's..hehe).

I have had my flows for 5 weeks. I have *NOT* had any problems with the tips coming loose - but then again, I used a bit of blue loc-tite on the set screws before I tightened it down.

I'm very pleased - but there was a noticeable reduction in low-end tq, but she pulls very hard at the top - as will be the case with any cat-back.

Thanks Gary!

Users who are viewing this thread