Mach 1 build info requested

04DSGAZMACH

Established Member
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to DOHC 4.6L engines but not new to mustangs. I have an 04 Mach 1 Manual and I have a few questions that hopefully I can get the answers to. For starters my goal with this car is to be as close to 400RWHP as possible and as close to 11 Sec 1/4 ET's as possible. I want to keep it N/A as I love the high compression and it seems as though everyone just boosts these mod motors (which isn't a bad thing I know these engines respond well to Boost) or throw nitrous on them. I know that I want the displacement to go up to at least a stroker 5.0L. I plan to cam it and stroke it along with a full exhaust 4.10 gears and some suspensions weight reduction. I am a service member so finances are kind of tight and it will be a slow build. Is it better to buy a stroker shortblock and transfer all the stock components over (professionally done as I am a not engine proficient enough) or to get a stroker kit and pay to have a machine/engine shop do all the work? I have no Idea what kind of prices and what parts are the best for this build. I read a few articles in MM&FF about using a livernois 5.3 short block and building it but I simply don't have that kind of money. Do any of these places offer financing for parts? I know it will be a lot of work and money to meet my afforementioned goals but I want advice on the cheapest but safest way to accomplish them. Thanks for the help! Let the Modular geniouses spill the knowledge!

-Tim

buckinwild

Established Member

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
This is an awesome site but have you tried Mach1Registry? They might have a few more answers for you.

04DSGAZMACH

Established Member
Yeah I have seen that video on youtube before and I love that car and think it is sick. pretty much my goal but I fear he spent a lot of money on his setup to get to that number. I have seen cars with cams exhaust and a few other bolt-ons in the 370rwhp range running like 12.2 with awesome 60' times and trap speeds on drag radials. As for M1R I have been on that site but haven't really found very much useful info other than their cam write-up pushed me towards comp cams 106100's. I was thinking about the 106400's but I fear it might be too aggressive on a street car even though it is a streetable cam. This may seem like a dumb question but stroking these mod motors does net a HP increase based on increasing displacement correct?

-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread