MACA Spring ATV Trip May 1-2 2010

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Ok, I started a new thread in hopes that I can do a better job of organizing this thread. So hear goes:

This is the official thread for the Spring MACA ATV trip. The trip will be May 1st and 2nd at the Mountain Ridge Trails Resort,Mountain Ridge ATV Trails, located in Central City, PA. The hotel accomodations will be at Indian Lake Resort, Indian Lake Resort, located accross the street from Mountain Ridge. There is a Grand Opening special for $5 per day per rider. If anyone doesn't want to stay at the hotel and would prefer camping, there are full camping facilities at Mountain Ridge.
Please post if you are interested in going.

List of attendies are:
RAWSN8K(Todd) +5
N2DAMYSTIC (Tim)
Snakesvt04(Carlos) +RV
Finaltheorem47(Joe)
convert03cobra(Rob)
Cobrachs(Charles)

Please post here if I forgot to add you.

I will be heading out at 6 am from my house in Hughesville and will be meeting my up with my friends in Fredrick by 7 am. If everyone wants to meet in Fredrick and caravan up there, just chime in and we can pick a spot.

Todd

Last edited:

Cobrachs

Established Member
I didn't think I would be able to go this weekend, but I may try to go for the day on Saturday. Have things I have to do on Sunday.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
ok so i talked to Rob and Tim and we are going to try and in frederick at 7. we will be leaving my house at around 5:30. i think the shopping center would be perfect that is right of the highway

also Todd, do we need to make reservations for the camp site? or is is first come first serve?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
"What To Bring" time for discussion here. Since we would be camping what will we need in the way of Food and supplies. Beer is a no brainer but thinking about camping equipment, Grill, Chairs, Marshmellows, Ya Know....

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
ok so i talked to Rob and Tim and we are going to try and in frederick at 7. we will be leaving my house at around 5:30. i think the shopping center would be perfect that is right of the highway

also Todd, do we need to make reservations for the camp site? or is is first come first serve?

Sounds like a plan. If you leave your house at 5:30, you should make it to Fredrick by 7 am without a problem. As far as reservations go, I made one last month when you first mentioned that you were going to bring your RV, so we are covered there. By the way, go any room in your RV for me? If not, no big deal, I have a room reserved at the Indian Lakes Resort.

"What To Bring" time for discussion here. Since we would be camping what will we need in the way of Food and supplies. Beer is a no brainer but thinking about camping equipment, Grill, Chairs, Marshmellows, Ya Know....

Good point Tim. I am going out today to pick up a few things. I have a portable gas grill that we can use if you guys don't have one already. As far as food goes, I would recommend Hot dogs and hambergers, thier easy to make and store. Also Breakfast supplies, like eggs, sausage, etc. but that is up to you all.

T

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Todd, if you want to stay with us thats fine. the rv is a 34 footer. i'm sure we can figure something out and that way your there at night camping with us. so sure, just stay with us.

i have chairs guys so dont worry about that and i have a little grill i keep in the rv. so all we need is beer and food which we can get down there somewhere.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Todd, if you want to stay with us thats fine. the rv is a 34 footer. i'm sure we can figure something out and that way your there at night camping with us. so sure, just stay with us.

i have chairs guys so dont worry about that and i have a little grill i keep in the rv. so all we need is beer and food which we can get down there somewhere.

Thanks Carlos, I'll give you a call today. I'm going to bring my portable grill with just as a backup, better to have too many grills than none at all.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I'll pack a cooler full of Beer and breakfast food. I will also make a few surf and turf Kabobs for the grill if anyone is down.

As for the ATV should I bring an extra 5 gallons of gas? Do they have a filling station up there?

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I'll pack a cooler full of Beer and breakfast food. I will also make a few surf and turf Kabobs for the grill if anyone is down.

As for the ATV should I bring an extra 5 gallons of gas? Do they have a filling station up there?

Awesome Tim. As far as gas goes, def bring extra gas. The closest gas station is 10 miles away. Same with the closest store.

T

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Update, the weather forecast for Central City for Saturday and Sunday is Highs in the low 70's with a 40% chance of rain. So bring some rain gear and changes of clothes. Expect some mud, puddles, and so forth. It's going to be a great time and not dusty..yeah!

Last edited:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Sounds perfect to me! Betting it will not rain at all though!

Prob not Tim but I just wanted everyone to know that there was a chance. I have to say the you all are in for a freakin fun trip. I can not wait!

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
rain ,snow anything i dont care, i'm so pumped for this trip. but i dont think its going to rain. are we required to wear a helmet? and any tips on what to bring on your quad...like back pack any carry on stuff?

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
rain ,snow anything i dont care, i'm so pumped for this trip. but i dont think its going to rain. are we required to wear a helmet? and any tips on what to bring on your quad...like back pack any carry on stuff?

I have my Grizzly Box on the back of my 700 that can hold a lot of crap. I have a cooler that I put in it that will hold 12 cans, plus I have a tow strap and Green Slime tire sealer kit that I bring with. Have yet to use the Green Slime but it's nice insurance in case someone gets a hole in thier tire. You can strip a bag to your rack if you want to bring with other stuff. Make sure to bring with some bungy cords as well. They come in handy.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I have my Grizzly Box on the back of my 700 that can hold a lot of crap. I have a cooler that I put in it that will hold 12 cans, plus I have a tow strap and Green Slime tire sealer kit that I bring with. Have yet to use the Green Slime but it's nice insurance in case someone gets a hole in thier tire. You can strip a bag to your rack if you want to bring with other stuff. Make sure to bring with some bungy cords as well. They come in handy.

Very cool!

The one I bought has front and rear racks with a huge storage thing that doubles as a cooler;-)

Green Slime is a good idea. Hopefully will not have to go there with the new tires on.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
One more thing, Helmets must be worn at all times. If you get caught riding without one, you will be kicked off of the property. That includes riding in the camping area. Lets play smart and safely.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
what helmets are you going using. all i have is my racing helmet. should i use a atv/bike helmet? or anyone got one i can borrow

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
what helmets are you going using. all i have is my racing helmet. should i use a atv/bike helmet? or anyone got one i can borrow

All I have is a full face racing helmet as well so I was going to pick up a motorcross helmet for the heck of it. They were not too expensive at the cycle shop here in Laurel. You do need to buy goggles though if you use that type of helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread