MACA Dyno Day at Maryland Performance!!! Sunday, Sept 16

Why Try

Established Member
Sunday Sept. 16!!!!

Starts 9:00am

Maryland Performance Center, 5400 Yukon Ct. #900 Frederick MD, 21703, just mins south of Frederick, MD on 340 Mt Zion exit.

Cost is $90.00 3 pulls with air/fuel, boost if easily accessible. If you have a flash tuner bring it! If you want to data log bring your laptop and have livewire or other program installed and ready to go.

Not a bad idea to bring your folding chair.

Maryland Performance is graciously letting us use their grill - so I will be providing lunch (cookout style food) for Dyno Participants.
Non-participants can make a small donation to me for lunch, just let me know you're coming otherwise we will not have enough food for you.

Update on lunch:
36 fresh local burger patties from Hemps meat and buns
24 hot dogs and buns
8lbs of Loaded potato salad
7 of bushs baked beans
3 BIG bags of chips
35 bottles of water
24 cans of cola 24 cans of orange soda
BIG jar of pickles
Plates and condiments
Solo cups
Plastic ware
Napkins or paper towels

Feel free to bring anything else you don't see and want. Maybe a fruit or veggie plate? Food list doesn't look to healthy.

Dyno Participants
1. Why Try
2. stangbager1986
3. TonyUMD
4. 01strokersnake
5. onefastcar
6. GT500RedStripe
7. ScottinSSMD
8. jojomofo21
9. Baby Gorilla
10. 007snake
11. Crash C5 vette
? Bonefish
If he gets fixed, DRRummell

Spectators:
1. svtorange
2. cgouzoulis
3. rizjan67
& a few others

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Travis.....thanks so much for making this happen! I am in for both days my friend!!

I had a bung welded in my 04.....and Ill see if I can get one and get Billy to weld it in. He did my last one.

I am pretty psyched about this! Been wanting to for awhile!

We can do burgers and dogs on the grilL..and maybe we can get some chips and drinks. Be cool to hang out.....and Dyno the cars and cook some food!

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
It is not necessary to have a bung welded in for this as a factory O2 sensor can be temporarily removed for the dyno's air fuel monitor system.

If MACA rises up and shows some excellent interest in this, maybe it would be possible too approach MPC about a possible reduction in price for a dyno session. For a club dyno day, $100 is a good bit of money.

Why Try

Established Member
It is not necessary to have a bung welded in for this as a factory O2 sensor can be temporarily removed for the dyno's air fuel monitor system.

If MACA rises up and shows some excellent interest in this, maybe it would be possible too approach MPC about a possible reduction in price for a dyno session. For a club dyno day, $100 is a good bit of money.

This is true, more cars less money. The other place I was looking at would of been cheaper but the shop is small with minimum parking and zero possibly of tuning.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I'm in either day :beer:
i have an American Muscle SCT tuner by Bama. I'd like to know if I'm running rich/lean (?). That's as far as my technical knowledge will allow me to speak.....

ctrlraven

The Birdman
Established Member
If I had my 5.0 stroker rebuild done by next month I would attend. Hope some big numbers get put down.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I would like to get mine dyno'd and cleaned up with my SCT xcal3, but i cannot promise I will be able to spend the $100 bill yet as i am planning a 20 day cross country adventure trip in August. If it were a little bit cheaper i think i could, but like i said, and your op said, i cannot promise.

But would really really love to get up there, hang out and get the car's tune cleaned up.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I have no issue with the money, I just can't commit based on the date just yet. I should know in a week or so I think.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I'd assume my a/f is good however it is possible to do it without welding in a bung by the method Dwight mentions then I would perhaps be interested in that too.

Can't wait for this one!

Why Try

Established Member
I'd assume my a/f is good however it is possible to do it without welding in a bung by the method Dwight mentions then I would perhaps be interested in that too.

Can't wait for this one!

:shrug: Never tried it that way. If you had a off-road x pipe with no cats I can see using a rear o2 because 99.9% of the time they are turned off in the tune and would not effect anything. With cats I don't think you would get a good reading because of the cats are burning up the unused fuel. The front o2 would be pre-cat, but I think it would make the car think it is running lean if it was sniffing free air so it would dump fuel and run rich. If you unplug it and use the hole I don't know but it would throw a code and I don't know what it would try to compensate. So I just don't know anything about doing it that way but if you had a off-road pipe, yes all day long.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
:shrug: Never tried it that way. If you had a off-road x pipe with no cats I can see using a rear o2 because 99.9% of the time they are turned off in the tune and would not effect anything. With cats I don't think you would get a good reading because of the cats are burning up the unused fuel. The front o2 would be pre-cat, but I think it would make the car think it is running lean if it was sniffing free air so it would dump fuel and run rich. If you unplug it and use the hole I don't know but it would throw a code and I don't know what it would try to compensate. So I just don't know anything about doing it that way but if you had a off-road pipe, yes all day long.

No biggie...I'll get the dyno run done...and if I can get a bung welded in before hand I will. Thanks Travis!

1stShelby

Established Member
Prepping for Dyno Day :rockon:
002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

See you there!

Users who are viewing this thread