MACA ATV Trip

When should the MACA ATV Trip take place?

• Winter Trip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spring Trip

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Since Carlos went out a bought a Grizzly 350, it appears that there are quite a few MACA members that also enjoy ATVing. With that in mind, I would like to arrange a MACA ATV trip. There is really only one place to go during the Winter that is within reasonable driving distance and that is Burning Rock, Burning Rock Off-Road Park > Home. If we wait until Spring, Mountain Ridge Trials Resort,Mountain Ridge ATV Trails opens April 3rd. So everyone that is interested in an ATV Trip, please answer the pole and post up that you want to go. I will keep track of it all and see about a group discount.

Todd

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i can do what ever, but i understand how cold it can be riding all day. if spring time is better we can do that and its problt more enjoyable

convert03cobra

Established Member
i can do what ever, but i understand how cold it can be riding all day. if spring time is better we can do that and its problt more enjoyable

I agree spring is better and the park is not over 7 hours away in crappy weather. I say spring time would probably work best for most of us. Just my $.02

wheelhopper

Established Member
I voted Spring. We will be out riding for at least 7 hours a day, and it is much more enjoyable if you're not freezing your ass off. Especially if it happens to be raining or there are some break downs.

I would recomend at least an overnight trip.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
It would definately be an overnight trip. Since everyone so far wants a Spring trip, I would recommend Mountain Ridge Trails. The place is awesome for everyone from beginner to advanced. Plus it's only about 2.5 hours from my hour, about an 1.5 hours from those up north. There is a Hotel on a golf course right accross the street from the ATV park. I've stayed there many times. Those of you that have riden for a while may remember that Quadfest was held at Mountain Ridge Trails for the past few years. Nothing like 5000 ATVers all riding at one place.

Todd

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Sounds good to me, I have never been there.

If it sucks, I'll blame you.

It won't suck. I promise. They were closed all of this year to put in the Windmill farm, add full service camping sites, and more trails. I actually know the owners and my best friend bought a 5 acre lot from them that backs up to the park. He will be one of the Non-MACA that will be joining us. Great guy and a PG County Detective.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
It won't suck. I promise. They were closed all of this year to put in the Windmill farm, add full service camping sites, and more trails. I actually know the owners and my best friend bought a 5 acre lot from them that backs up to the park. He will be one of the Non-MACA that will be joining us. Great guy and a PG County Detective.

that sounds good, this will be my first time..do these places have gas etc....basicly all the things you need. and do you guys camp out or just get a hotel?

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
that sounds good, this will be my first time..do these places have gas etc....basicly all the things you need. and do you guys camp out or just get a hotel?

Normally, I stay at the Indian Lake Resort Hotel which is right across the street from the ATV park. I plan on doing that again unless I get the Toy Hauler that I have my eye on. In that case, I'll stay in that at the park. As far as gas goes, I always fill up at Bedford, 30 minutes from the park, on the way to the park and bring a 5 gallon gas can with me. There isn't much around there but there are a few gas stations a few minutes from the park.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I will be in for this. Gotta pick something up but should net be a problem. Been planning on it for a while.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
I will be in for this. Gotta pick something up but should net be a problem. Been planning on it for a while.

hey Tim just do what did call the local dealer and ask if they have older but new models, those are the ones you can get a great deal on. you have plenty of time before we do this trip

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
hey Tim just do what did call the local dealer and ask if they have older but new models, those are the ones you can get a great deal on. you have plenty of time before we do this trip

I am pondering a 500 Sportsman a friend is selling for 3K. Worse comes to worse have another buddy selling a Honda 450 2wd for $800.

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I vote spring time too as I don't have one and would need to borrow rent one. I doubt I can get one this year (2010) as between buying, modding the shelby and trying to get into a house I just don't have the cash to lay out. I just paid all my credit cards off to get my credit rating up there and I don;t want to put any hits against other than ones I have to do.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I plan to do a snorkle type mod for my ride sometime soon along with winch repair/replacement. I'll set up a mod day on a Saturday if anyone is interested or wants to bring theres over for some work. We can get Dale over to tighten up and add on some plates, bars, whatever.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
I plan to do a snorkle type mod for my ride sometime soon along with winch repair/replacement. I'll set up a mod day on a Saturday if anyone is interested or wants to bring theres over for some work. We can get Dale over to tighten up and add on some plates, bars, whatever.

that sounds good, i will be ordering my winch soon

convert03cobra

Established Member
You guys have me scared to ride trails with you now. My raptor is made to go fast, not through the freaking rain forest! lol

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
You guys have me scared to ride trails with you now. My raptor is made to go fast, not through the freaking rain forest! lol

There are some Black Trails that you will have a hard time navigating, but, depending on you riding skills, you should be just fine. As far as going fast, you can move along at a pretty go clip on some trails but you have to be on the lookout for some hidden turns and some big rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread