MACA 3rd Annual Gettysburg Cruise/GTG - 4/22/2007!!

eaglesnick

Established Member
.91fox,

Do you have a link to the thread? Where are you guys meeting? I looked on the forum, but I am not finding the thread that gives the meeting spot.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
eaglesnick said:
IronTerp,

Not yet, but I will sign up today if I need to be or if you prefer me to be a member. Let me know, looking forward to meeting a lot of fellow cobra owners.
Go ahead, blow the wad! You only live once. :lol1: :poke:

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Just a friendly reminder, this event is for Cobra's only. It is late tonight and we just got home from ATCO, so I will update the list tomorrow. If there is anyone with a cobra who is coming that did not let me know I need to know asap or you will not eat since this is a catered event with a small cost involved per person. Cut off date is Saturday 4/21 at 9am so I can call an update to the caterer.

Also, remember this is our home and our neighborhood, so please be aware of your speed upon entering and leaving our area. No burn outs, or piping off out of our driveway or neighborhood!

Thanks and we look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

i cant wait for sunday, this is going to be awesome.....im so stoked......i took part in my lightning in a lot of events....and by far this has way more people.....this is going to be so much fun! Cant wait to meet everyone this is my first time seeing everyone....shoudl be fun!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Well looks like I won't be +1 since I will probably be riding shotgun with someone in an actual cobra lol. Sorry for being so last minute.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Dwight maybe you can put up a list of small meeting spots for everyone and then one big meeting spot before D's and JR's and are you guys going up 270 to 15 or rt100,29 to 70 ,or 97 to 70 ?
Unless this is allready up and i overlooked them LOL

Last edited:

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Ok, I think I have the list updated correctly. Could anyone who looks at this check the list on the first page and tell me if you know of any changes that need to be made before I check in for the last time with the FOOD LADY!;-)

MYSTIC MAMA said:
Ok, I think I have the list updated correctly. Could anyone who looks at this check the list on the first page and tell me if you know of any changes that need to be made before I check in for the last time with the FOOD LADY!;-)

Looks good to me! :banana:

now we can count down the hours ladys and gentz till the big day tomrrow....i cant wait ....im going to be cleaning my cobra all day! lol....now deciding if i should trailer it or drive it lol...hmm......but looks so nice out today!!!!!

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
mikey lightning said:
now we can count down the hours ladys and gentz till the big day tomrrow....i cant wait ....im going to be cleaning my cobra all day! lol....now deciding if i should trailer it or drive it lol...hmm......but looks so nice out today!!!!!

Don't count down too fast, I have a lot to do!;-)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
BUNKY said:
Dwight maybe you can put up a list of small meeting spots for everyone and then one big meeting spot before D's and JR's and are you guys going up 270 to 15 or rt100,29 to 70 ,or 97 to 70 ?
Unless this is allready up and i overlooked them LOL
It's up, but in a bunch of different threads as far as I can tell. Looks like departure times are:

Middle/Southern Md + NoVa
Hillandale Safeway...................9:15
I-270 Exit 11 in Gaithersburg......9:40
Frederick Scenic Overlook..........10:00
State Farm Building - Fredercik...10:10

Baltimore, Delaware Crew
I70/I695 Park & Ride..................9:15
State Farm Building - Fredercik...10:10

NoVa Crew
Woodburn Elementary school.......9:00
I-270 Exit 11 in Gaithersburg.......9:40 or
Frederick Scenic Overlook..........10:00

Pa/Jersey Crew
Cheesequake Rest Area..............7:00
Redrobin..................................8:15
Morgantown..............................8:00

Last edited:

98mdsnake

Established Member
Was wondering if someone (anyone) could just give me a ring at home when they leave State Farm so I can just join in at the Thurmont exit? I'll just wait on the ramp get in line when every one is going by. I'll be in a black 98 cobra.

My home number is 301-271-0172.....I have a cell but it only works when its on the charger so just call the house.

Thanks guys

Mike

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
LittleSalfromSH said:
Since when?
Almost a month ago, and its been mentioned a time or two after that.

Here you go.:beer:

03-28-2007, 10:10 PM #178
IronTerp
Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.

Car: 2003 DSG Cobra
Trader Rating: (26) Okay folks............Bear with me here for a second.

We are starting to get substantial interest from non-MACA members that do not drive SVT Cobras to particpate in the Gettysburg GTG and it's threatening to cause some minor problems. The Lewis' have arranged for some pretty neat photo opps for the Cobras that will likely result in some great shots of one of the larger SVT Cobra gatherings of the year. While the cruise has been pretty well thought through, any time you get this many cars going for a 60 mile "tour", it's a real challenge to keep everyone together and not have someone end up in Ohio.......Just ask Greg Cassidy!!! And also, the catering that has been arranged for this event is going to be an awesome spread, but has some limitations.

We would like to request that only MACA member Cobras participate in this event. Non-members, friends, family, pets, (well, maybe not pets....), are ABSOLUTELY welcome to come to this event!! But only as passengers in an MACA Cobra!!!

We are certainly not trying to have a snooty, "Cobra's are better" attitude at all for this or any MACA GTGs. Far from it. But, some MACA events are getting so large, that the logistics involved with planning and executing the events are becoming more and more challenging and having non-MACA Cobra participation can make it even more difficult. And after all, this is an SVT Cobra club, right?

Two years ago at the Ocean City Crusiers Weekend, we had 27 MACA Cobras and........one turbo Supra, (nice car by the way), essentially take over Coastal Highway as we cruised for nearly ten miles, 3 abreast on the highway. Two things were said by outsiders after the cruise: "That was an awesome sight!!!!" and "WHO was the Supra guy that was with you????"

Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to seeing ALL of you on the 15th!!!

Dwight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread