Mac ProChamber or Bbk X?

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I've had a Mac Pro chamber on my car for 10 years no cats and magnapacks.

I love the way it sounds I get compliments all the time.

Its loud with my KenneBell but not in a bad way. No drone or aggravating tones at any rpm.

I'm replacing my Mac it's kind of beat up and it and installed a little low.

So I'm replacing it.

Question is should I get another Mac Pro chamber or go with a BB KX car runs great never any issues and I love the louder sound of the Mac Pro chamber I would also love the clearance of the BBK X.

What should I do?

Purchasing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for any opinions or comments .

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
X pipe will be raspy. I love my prochamber. Don't think I will ever get a different mid pipe.

Daywalker

Established Member
I'd suggest staying with the prochamber, it was by far the best sounding mid-pipe I ever had on my GT. Mine hung low as well so I took it to a muffler shop and had them work it a little, I ended up gaining an inch or two of clearance. I only had to get rid of it because I did a T56 swap...;-)

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I really dig a X pipe with Bassani cats, almost like not having cats but without the overly loud ridiculousness. But the mac prochamber on my friends GT does sound good, guess you cant really go wrong with it.

usaf_branham

Established Member
Bbk o/r x-pipe doesn't sound very good, the catted version sounds good, but sort of quiet. I ran the o/r x with flows, part throttle sounded like a nasty exhaust leak... Wot was fine. I currently run the catted x with magnapacks. Sounds great, but again... Sort of quiet (in the car) when comparison to an o/r pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread