Mac or slp?

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
I've pretty much narrowed my exhausting exhaust search to either SLP lm1's or mac flowpaths. I like the way both sound in different ways. How will the mac 2.5" stainless catback sound with the stock h? I'm afraid it won't be much louder than stock. I know the slp will be pretty loud with the stock h, but I'm not sure if I'll notice much of a difference with the mac. I've listened to tons of sound clips, and know the tones, just not the volume. I came from a gt with magnapacks and a dr gas offroad, it was still not too loud for me at all, keep that in mind.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
When I put my flowpath on I do remember thinking "thats not very loud" but it had a really nice sound. But holy hell when I put on the o/r prochamber it really woke up. Sounds great and is plenty loud. My friends can hear me coming from blocks away hehe. Has a nice deep sound to it. I had a guy yesterday follow me to my house and say "dude, your car sounds fawking sweet!" lol

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Man, lots of votes for slp. I don't think you could go wrong with either. If mac dind't offer a stainless system, there wouldn't be any question. Another comment, I hear all the time how SLP sounds like a truck. In my opinion, the chambered mufflers remind me of trucks. I hear so many trucks with flowmasters or other chambered mufflers.

01 Venom

Established Member
I am not a big fan of either, but if I has to choose, it would be SLP

And spring for an off road mid ;)

RED99VASVT

Established Member
I had Mac Flow Paths, they sounded great and I got a lot of compliments (mostly from younger people). They are loud with a very good sound, but they have the Dreaded Drone between 17K-21K RPMs and make conversations and listening to music challenging. Don't know anything about the SLPs.

Good luck...

01yellercobra

Established Member
RED99VASVT said:
I had Mac Flow Paths, they sounded great and I got a lot of compliments (mostly from younger people). They are loud with a very good sound, but they have the Dreaded Drone between 17K-21K RPMs and make conversations and listening to music challenging. Don't know anything about the SLPs.

Good luck...

I think it depends on the mid pipe you're running. I have a catted Bassani X and I don't have any drone. It's comfortable when cruising, but gets loud when I step on it. And you can really hear it when going under an overpass.

Users who are viewing this thread