MAC O/R H vs. O/R Prochamber

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Is it worth spending another $110 for the O/R Prochamber? MAC O/R H runs $169 and Prochamber runs $279. I'm assuming most guys will say yes because I see more guys running Prochambers, but I'd like to see what everyone thinks. I'm running weld in Flows right now but I plan to upgrade to a full Flow or MAC catback soon. So anyone with a Flow or MAC catback, lemme know your experience on O/R H's vs. Prochambers. Thanks.

ViciousJay

Established Member
sum times i wonder how an H pipe would sound on my car but the porchamber by far is quality peice... honestly id reathe swap my SLP II mufflers for some MAC's to help that throaty sound...

over all stick with a prochamber....

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I saw a vid of a torch red 04 GT with flows and a prochamber, dont remember if it was catted or not

but it sounded amazing

tv's 03

Established Member
Back in the day, we on BON all pretty much thought the prochamber was a marketing ploy to combat the then popular X pipe. There is such an insignificant difference between power on a X or H that I really feel the prochamber offers little to nothing over either a x or H pipe. There may be a sound difference, I have not heard a prochamber that I know of.

I have no hard evidence to show you, but this is just a conclusion I have come to from reading different things. So take it for what it is. I think the best pipe for the money is a MAC o/r H. You may get a better quality pipe from many vendors, but not for that price. I have had my Mac o/r H for 5 years or so and its still going

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
The O/R prochamber is not as loud as a o/r H. If you do get a mac midpipe make sure you get the catback as well cause they sound amazing together.
Mac o/r prochamber+3" catback for the win!!

DRwepw4ng

Established Member
can anyone send me a soundclip or a video of that combo. Mac prochamber with 3" catback. Im thinking about giving that combo a try. Drone? thraoty? raspy? IM curious to how it sounds.

Cold Brew

Established Member
DRwepw4ng said:
can anyone send me a soundclip or a video of that combo. Mac prochamber with 3" catback. Im thinking about giving that combo a try. Drone? thraoty? raspy? IM curious to how it sounds.

same here, I have the 3 inch MAC already, just trying to decide if I want the prochamber or not

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
TyroneJenkinsII, any luck with getting a clip of your exhaust setup?

Anyone have clips of Flows with an O/R H? I did some looking around and couldn't find much.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
SteelersVenom06 said:
TyroneJenkinsII, any luck with getting a clip of your exhaust setup?

Anyone have clips of Flows with an O/R H? I did some looking around and couldn't find much.
I have a couple of the car when I first start it up, I would like to get a drive by so you can hear it go through the rpm range and then hear it screaming by. It sounds mean as hell. I'll get you a clip of that, let me work on that this weekend. The idle clips are boring..

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Yep I'm running a MAC O/R H pipe right now and have the opportunity to upgrade to a MAC O/R Prochamber courtesy of insurance. ;)

What about performance differences? The Prochamber is quieter? I LOVE the loud sound as it is right now (MAC O/R H with Bassani catback).

Anyone know of a good vendor?

Users who are viewing this thread