Mac LT install ?

weatherman

Established Member
I did a quick search and could not find the answer to which gaskets I should use. I believe I was told I could order the ford factory manifold gaskets...
the setup will be Mac LT headers, Lethal catted X and bassani SS catback/Mac 3 inch (depending on the fit of the Mac)

Are there any other parts I need to get a hold of...I already got the grade 8 locking hardware.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Don't bother with gaskets. Swing by your auto parts store and grab some High Temp RTV Sealant. I just did this install and it worked very well. Just spread a nice trail of it around the entire outside of the header rings and then slap them on. Will form a nice solid gasket. No leaks on mine. Other than that you should have everything you need that I can remember. Make sure you have some help when lowering the Kmember and support the engine via a jack stand under the oil pan with a block of wood in between. Good luck!

FF3

Established Member
Ford gasket with stock studs/nuts for me. Much easier to install with nuts than bolts, and I never heard of stock manifolds leaking. You can tighten those nuts as much as you want you'll never strip the aluminum heads, can't say the same for bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread