MAC Headers install

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Could somebody either post a link or point me in the right direction, i bought some MAC ceramic coated LT headers and bassani OR X for an absolute steal, and i am dying to install them, can i do this myself without pulling the motor or dropping the K-member?? I have a stok K by the way. and i i do have to drop the K, is there any kind of writeup on how to do so?? Any help is appreciated :beer:

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
I just did a set of MAC LTs on my car and I can't imagine doing it without dropping the k-member. I'm not sure where to find a write up, I upgraded to Maximim Motersports K-member while I had the stock one out.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
My MAC LT's should be in the mail as well, looks like we'll be doing this right about the same time. Best of luck! PM me if you want, if I get mine put on before you, you can always call if you have questions (and possibly vise Versa)

triplethreat

I jsut dropped my stock kmember to uninstall the hooker long tubes, and in stall the QA1 kmember I wa going to sell. follow the link above and it is right on. quick run down

1. loosen lug nut
2. jack car up support with stands
3. remove tires
4 remove brakes
5. remove rotors and sway bar
6 remove lower arms
7. support engine
8. remove k member
9 remove motor mounts
10 remove manifold
11 reverse the process

It took about 4-5 hours to complete, with the simple hand tools and the write up

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Well everything went well until it came to polting up the headers, Is there any kind of trick to installing the new bolts?? (stage 8 locking bolts). I cant seem to thread half of them right and a few will go in but not all the way leaving a gap between the header and the head of the bolt. Anybody else have this problem, anything i might be doing wrong? I dont want to force them and ruin the holes/heads :shrug:

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
I used the bolts that came with my macs. They never came loose on me. all the holes will probably not line up.

Users who are viewing this thread