mac cat back question

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
i have a 03 and am doing a solid swap, therefore i need a new catback. i am going to go with mac's 3 inch cat back. i am undecided on my tip diameter, they make it with a 3 inch tip and a 3.5 inch tip. just wondering which one will look better. any suggesations?? thansk guys!!

and one more thing is the extra money wort it for the 3 inch piping? i mean is there really that much of a difference?

Last edited:

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
I wish I had taken a pic I could post up, IMO 3.5" goes nicely with a 3" pipe and fills up the exhaust cut-outs nicely. Anything bigger than 3.5" is a :nono:

Btw MAC FTW :rockon::rockon:

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
i dont know if the 3 inch piping is worth it, but get the 3 1/2 inch tips, they are just right IMO. the 3 inchers on my flow catback look ok, but alittle small for the cutout. just got a magnaflow kit with 3 1/2 tips myself

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
i had bassani with the 4 inch tips and they looked like friggin fart cans on it....just wonder if there is any performance gain on a 3 inch system

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I see you have a whipple on your car. A full 3'' catback would be better but the performance gains would be minimum (IMO). I have the whipple on my car and i'm still running the standard magnaflow cat-back with no problems. If it was me, i would save the money and "not" get the 3'' cat-back.

Users who are viewing this thread