Mac CAI question

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Yes, i've searched. :)
Truck came with it already installed. What do I need to do as far as the filter is concerned? Is it like K&N and needs recharged or replaced at XX amount of miles.
TIA!!

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Like a K&N. Recharge it when its dirty. How do you like it? I have one just havent installed it yet.

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
may I suggest getting a filter sock/outerwear for it: helps keep the filter stay cleaner for much longer

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Gripstang said:
Like a K&N. Recharge it when its dirty. How do you like it? I have one just havent installed it yet.
I like it, just cant seem to get the bands tight enough on the tube where the filter connects as it pops off every few hundred miles. Last time I completely removed it and gave it all a good cleaning. Checked it last night and it hasnt moved any so...

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
kromdom said:
may I suggest getting a filter sock/outerwear for it: helps keep the filter stay cleaner for much longer
Any recommendation on what to use? Seems anything of any thickness will restrict air or alter the effect of the cai's purpose.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
BK24 said:
Any recommendation on what to use? Seems anything of any thickness will restrict air or alter the effect of the cai's purpose.

K&N makes em, since the Mac filter is probably made by K&N Id bet they have one that would fit.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I have a MAC cai and I like it. I don't have a cover for it. I suppose you could get one, but I don't think it's necessary. Just keep an eye on it and clean/oil it when necessary.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
i have one and an outer wear, is yours the long filter or the short fat one, i have the long one and and just got the longest outerwear that the local off road shop carried. fits perfect

Users who are viewing this thread