MAC 99-04 4V Longtube Headers in stock!!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just a heads up to anyone looking for these. They've been on backorder for several weeks and we just had a bunch of them show up. So if you're still looking for a set we've got em in stock and ready to ship. Thanks, Jared

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-1443/mac-tf9902-mac-03-04-cobra-1-5-8-ceramic-coated-longtube-headers.html
MAC-TF9902_LRG.jpg

- Aj -

Established Member
Could you pm me a quote for these, along with a catted midpipe that will work, unless you know the Bassani will (which I have). Also for a clutch setup, along the lines of a Spec 3+, 26 spline shaft, Fidanza alum fly, tob sleeve.

Shipped to 91364.

Thanks!

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MAC no longer offers any catted Midpipes for any of there headers. Bassani will not work on the MAC Longtubes because of the length of the pipe and flanges on it. You would need to get the flanges cut off of the headers and then welded onto the headers.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
- Aj - said:
Does anyone make a catted midpipe that works with the Macs?

right now, no. Mac no longer offers ANY catted midpipes. We are thinking about mkaing our own short H pipes w/ cats for the Mac L/T's, but we first need to see a demand for them or possibly get a decent group purchase started. Its only been talked about and still under review.

like matt said, your Bassani X will notbolt right up, however you can have an exhaust shop modify the X pipe to make work. Any good shop can get it done in a day.

- Aj -

Established Member
Thanks Derek. I could see a market for making the midpipe since *nobody* does now and alot of guys like using longtubes.

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
I want to buy Mac LT headers in the future. Since Mac does not make a catted H pipe anymore, what other options do we have. What would make me want to buy Mac if no ones makes a catted H pipe that fits. I should not have to modify a brand new header and have to hack up my $450+ Bassani catted X which I could sell and buy the headers with and have my car towed to a muffler shop to have it done while the headers are on the car to make the exhaust fit properly. It seems like more of a hassle then its worth. Don't get me wrong, I heard good things about the Mac headers, I just have a problem not having better options when it comes to the catted H pipe besides modifiying parts that should just bolt up. So are thier better options?

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
The catted midpipe offerings from BBK and VRS will fit. Several have reported doing this with no fitment problems. The VRS pipes are actually advertised for both BBK and MAC headers.

Your other option is to custom weld a couple of Magnaflow hi-flow cats. I did exactly that with my LT Prochamber.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Scotts 03 COBRA said:
I want to buy Mac LT headers in the future. Since Mac does not make a catted H pipe anymore, what other options do we have. What would make me want to buy Mac if no ones makes a catted H pipe that fits. I should not have to modify a brand new header and have to hack up my $450+ Bassani catted X which I could sell and buy the headers with and have my car towed to a muffler shop to have it done while the headers are on the car to make the exhaust fit properly. It seems like more of a hassle then its worth. Don't get me wrong, I heard good things about the Mac headers, I just have a problem not having better options when it comes to the catted H pipe besides modifiying parts that should just bolt up. So are thier better options?

Regarding modifications, its as easy as installing the catless midpipe and heading to your favorite exhaust shop with your custom cats in the truck. They can then take measurements with everything on the car and get them welded in without any hassle.

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Regarding modifications, its as easy as installing the catless midpipe and heading to your favorite exhaust shop with your custom cats in the truck. They can then take measurements with everything on the car and get them welded in without any hassle.
I just ordered the ss prochamber for the Mac Lts and will keep the cats from my Bassani ss 5 piece x pipe and have them welded in if the sound of the Mac Lts,prochamber H pipe and Bassani cat back is to loud for me!

Phxcobra

Established Member
Can you PM a quote for a set of these for a 2003 Cobra? 1 5/8" in ceramic please.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Just to follow up on my last post... it seems as though the BBK pipes will fit, but require a little tweaking of the front flange spacer. Their pipes are a bit narrower, so the flanges need to be spread open ~1". Nothing too bad.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Scotts 03 COBRA said:
I just ordered the ss prochamber for the Mac Lts and will keep the cats from my Bassani ss 5 piece x pipe and have them welded in if the sound of the Mac Lts,prochamber H pipe and Bassani cat back is to loud for me!

I have physically seen the Bassani cats. How long are they? If it's much more than 12-13", you'll have a very hard time getting them to fit. I had to trim the excess pipe off my Magnaflow units. Even then, one of the pipe angles upstream of the chamber had to be "mitered". Piece of cake for the exhaust shop. I'm lucky enough to have a local guy that lets me supervise everything and even help.

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
I am not sure off hand, the car is parked for the winter. I should be receiving the prochamber ss and Mac Lts in a few weeks due to mac having to make them and then I can measure the cats.

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
Actually I was able to measure the bassani bullet style cat which is about 12 1/2 inches long, I can cut about 2 inches of the straight pipe off the cat being longer so you can slip it in the bell end of the X pipe, so I am looking at about 10 1/2 inches.

Users who are viewing this thread