mac 3" fitment issues

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
got a 3 inch mac catback for my solid swap. fits like total dog shit. i got the left muffler and tailpipe to fit good. but the right side i can get it to do shit. i thought i had it in a ok place but it rattled like hell and banging off the breather on the rear end. any body got any advice?? another question, the pipes the go from the mid pipe to the muffler, does it matter witch side they are on?

metaman

Established Member
4 years ago I bought a MAC system for my IRS cobra. Long story short, MAC hung up the phone on me and told me that it was my problem. Then I said screw it and cut their mufflers out and had them welded into the stock system.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
well...i did someresearch high and low. found a couple cases where guys had a shitty fitting mac cat back, and a non mac mid pipe. when they switch to the mac mid pipe it fit a lot better....my main issue is on my passenger side, the pipe between the mid pipe and muffler is about 2 inches too short, and it pulls the muffler and tail pipe formward causing it to rub. so i read a couple cases where people had the same issue as mine. and they switched to a mac mid pipe and the problem was solved.....

postalbunny

Established Member
I have an issue near the pumpkin, they chose to use those connectors that stick out on either side, instead of some slip-fit type, or just a whole piece. Lots of playing to get both pipes to not touch the car or the pumpkin weight thing.

Mine came with the car, after that experience i wouldnt' recommend MAC.

Users who are viewing this thread