Mac 3" Cat back system?

johncr250

Established Member
I`m going to order the 3" catback Mac system for my 03 Cobra. Any fitment problems with the system or are there any problems that anyone has encountered?

Up front i`m planning on using a Mac Prochamber with no cats.

Thanks for the help

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
i have the system the fit is ok, the tips hang like crap to me so im buying slp tips or magnaflow tips, oh and i have a o/r x-pipe with it and it sounds insane

Thrust

Established Member
That is a great sounding catback. You will love it! Mac is kind of hit or miss as far as fitment goes. I've seen some that fit perfectly, and others that need "convincing".

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Just ordered one yesterday, I'll let you know on Wednesday when I can get it up in the air and put it on... I hope the tips don't look like shit, I have some maggie tips on mine and they're sweet....

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i just installed an off road mac pro chamber and mac 2.5" cat back on my 03 last week. sounds awesome, probsbly one of the best sounding exhaust notes i've heard on a mustang but it fits like shit. i'll never buy anything from mac ever again. the pro chamber was hitting the transmission on the driver side down tube, had to have it cut and a new piece welded in to clear the transmission and the tail pipes on the cat back were so bad that i couldnt even get the tips on the car with out them being pressed up against the gas tank and forget about the tips lining up with the cut outs in the bumper. i had to drive around with out tips for a day. it cost me $300 on top of buying the cat back and pro chamber (which i should have been able to install myself if it didnt fit like crap) to have an exhaust shop fix and install the driver side down tube on the pro chamber and make me new tail pipes.

Frank

Last edited:

jamngamn

NVENM8U
Established Member
I have the 3" also. Sound is the best (I think) but like said above fitment sucks (the tips that is) the rest went okay. I have the Magnaflow X though. It fit great.

Users who are viewing this thread