MAC 2.5 or 3"???

Unistang

Established Member
Guys,

I'm planning on slapping an exhaust on this spring and I'm pretty set on going with a MAC o/r prochamber and a MAC cat-back, just don't know whether or not to go with the 3" or the 2.5" for the Cat-back. What is the main difference? Is there a noticable sound difference or is it just volume cause if they both sound relatively the same...I'm takin the quieter one. Fill me in.

Any clips of this setup?

-Nick:pepper:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I don't have any clips, but I had the 3" and now have the 2.5". The 2.5 sounds a little softer than the 3". I had a very hard time getting the 3" pipes to fit under there. They were banging against other pieces of the undercarriage. I did everything I could but I could not stop it....so I went to the 2.5" and the pipes fit better. The sound of the 3" is awesome... very deep and growly, with the 2.5 being just a bit softer and smoother than it.

I sold the 3" to a guy that had his car set up identically to mine, and it bangs in the same spot, we event tried adjusting that one many times, and it didn't work..

That's MAC for you....not the best fitting stuff, but it sounds great...and is pretty cheap to buy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread