MAC 2.5" or 3" CB?

J.T.

Established Member
I did a search here and on a few other sites and found mixed opinions. Some say the 3" is overkill unless pushing over 500 rwhp and others disagree. What are the experiences with the 3" on a mildly modded cobra? I don't have any immediate plans to get too crazy with the mods, looking to do CB and CAI for now and go from there probably next summer. Will the 3" hurt my HP/TQ or will I be OK? I don't want to have to replace the 2.5" down the road once the need for more power hits but I don't want to sacrifice power in the meantime or if future mods don't come for awhile. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

02silver2v

Established Member
I have a 3" Mac and love it. I dynod when I had just a K&N FIPK and the Mac C/B and I hit 417/390. I love the sound of the 3" I would say get it.

tex00gt

Established Member
id say the 3" because usually alot of people get the 2.5 and wish they had got the 3" besides your only going to lose just a little low end torque thats all, but hey your still running you stock mid-pipe so that will help you some on the back preasure.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
what if you already have an o/r h pipe (2.5) should I get a 3.0 or 2.5 cat back? cause I have weld in flows right now so I want to change those out for a full system.

Users who are viewing this thread