m55s are on

o0rikio0o

Established Member
so some people have been saying that the m55 mufflers are unreasonably loud. although it is pretty loud, i dont think its unreasonably loud until after 3k or 4k rpm. at idle and at 1k-2k rpm the tone is pretty okay. above that then it gets pretty wild. one thing that i really dont like about it is that it sags really low and now i gotta get the hangers bent before i scrape my tailpipes everywhere. other than that, its a pretty decent exhaust setup. i will have a video with sound up soon. my current exhaust mods are stock headers with o/r hpipe and the m55 mufflers.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
That's crazy loud. Sounds really rough. Get a drive-by video if you can. I bet it sounds a lot better like that.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
i know there was a guy on mustang forums blowin a nut to these how they were so loud. i have never heard them in person.

BUT i cant imagine they are louder then slp1's

o0rikio0o

Established Member
That's crazy loud. Sounds really rough. Get a drive-by video if you can. I bet it sounds a lot better like that.

yeah under load is when these things sound the best. revving in neutral does it no justice. neither does hearing it on a video clip either :(

CobraKalas

Established Member
Oh believe me, these suckers hang LOW! where do you go about getting the hangers bent and what EXACTLY does that do? Mine sits low as hell and i scrape on the left side pipe but not the tip.

o0rikio0o

Established Member
im gonna call my local exhaust shop to see if they can bend it.. but i think a person with the right tools can do it. its hard to explain, but i'll try do it here..

currently, the exhaust hanger looks like this:

------------------\
\
\

where the "-"'s is the rod that goes into the rubber exhaust holder.

what the exhaust shop should do is increase that angle that the hanger makes so it doesnt droop so low, rather, it will be more planar and up tucked. as of now, im using tie wire to brace it to my IRS brace.

CobraG

Established Member
Your car sounds amazing, that is exactly the sound I'm looking for, what midpipe do you have? Also, where did you get the mufflers?

Hoosier4.6

Established Member
Damn... that sounds EVIL. I have to say, I actually love how that setup sounds man, and I'd like something similar, though I'm hoping to acheive it with an X-pipe and LT's rather than ditch my catback.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
you want a sound that will rip your head off

o/r x, with slp 1's, and custom 3.5'' pipes. man when you get by red line it is nasty sounding:rockon:

i have seen people many times cover there ears or jump cuz they were in shock

o0rikio0o

Established Member
Damn... that sounds EVIL. I have to say, I actually love how that setup sounds man, and I'd like something similar, though I'm hoping to acheive it with an X-pipe and LT's rather than ditch my catback.

not to step on your dreams, but i doubt the xpipe will give you something like that. the x pipe will give you a raspier sound, whereas the hpipe will give you the low grumble that makes this setup sound just awesome. i like the sound of the glug glug glug glug.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
im selling my bassani catted x, and this weekend my mac OR-x is going in along with mac longtubes and bassani catback. im hoping to scare some children, lol

i just need the catted bassani x gone, pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread