M122 swap and fuel rail question

Steve23

Established Member
I'm in the process of doing an M122 swap. However, with this swap and the adapter plate, it opens the gate to me for other GT500 blower's.

From what I understand, you cannot use an aftermarket fuel rail with this swap. If I wanted to swap to a larger GT500 blower, (to keep the driver side intake cool factor), does anyone know what I would do with the fuel rails if I wanted to hit 900whp? Since I cannot use aftermarket fuel rails, what are my options?

NOTE: e85 is not available in my area, with that said it would be 93 with a fuel additive or race fuel, no e85

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
I would use race gas at that power level. You're on stock motor?

I just feel sketched out by using octane booster for my 1000hp car, ya know?

Steve23

Established Member
I would use race gas at that power level. You're on stock motor?

I just feel sketched out by using octane booster for my 1000hp car, ya know?
I understand, I'll use whatever I need. Wasn't sure if octane booster is enough. B

But right now I don't know what the stock rails are capable of and I will want to upgrade passed the m122 eventually. I'm just curious if I'll be able to shoot for say 800-900whp on my motor if the stock rails are sufficient or if their are other options out there.

As of right now, I know aftermarket rails won't work, so I'm trying to figure out options

Zemedici

Established Member
I understand, I'll use whatever I need. Wasn't sure if octane booster is enough. B

But right now I don't know what the stock rails are capable of and I will want to upgrade passed the m122 eventually. I'm just curious if I'll be able to shoot for say 800-900whp on my motor if the stock rails are sufficient or if their are other options out there.

As of right now, I know aftermarket rails won't work, so I'm trying to figure out options

You wont make that kind of power on the stock fuel system, so when you upgrade the fuel system it should come with new rails.

lucheski

Established Member
I was one of the first (the second actually after James) to do the m122 swap, and I ran it for a few years. The stock fuel rail on gasoline should support most all applications. I would imagine they would support 900whp I would only be worried about the stock fuel rails bottlenecking if this was a 4 digit E85 setup. What kind of power are you looking to make?

Steve23

Established Member
I was one of the first (the second actually after James) to do the m122 swap, and I ran it for a few years. The stock fuel rail on gasoline should support most all applications. I would imagine they would support 900whp I would only be worried about the stock fuel rails bottlenecking if this was a 4 digit E85 setup. What kind of power are you looking to make?
Well right now, I'm just going to finish the M122 swap, as it's getting close to being slapped together. However, I was looking into the future. With this swap, it opens the game up for other GT500 blowers, (as you know, so long term goal, 900whp, on stock bottom end. But my concern is the fuel rails since the adapter plate from my understanding will not allow the use for after market rails. With e85 not being readily available in my area, I'm not as worried about needing a lot of fuel. However, 900whp is a decent goal, attainable, but I may just sell the swap off if I cannot achieve that with a stock fuel rail setup. Or if fabrication would work?

Steve23

Established Member
You wont make that kind of power on the stock fuel system, so when you upgrade the fuel system it should come with new rails.
I figured. That's the whole purpose of this post. The m122 swap, required adapter plate does not allow the use of aftermarket fuel rails. So I was curious what my options were with this swap to upgrade to a larger blower.

Users who are viewing this thread