M/T's

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
What width are your 17" wheels?

The 275's should fit with minimal issues on a 9" wheel. Would go with 255's on anything under that.

JVENOM

Established Member
why 255's?...I have 275's up front. If anything i should put 275's on the rear....or it would it scrap?

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
JVENOM said:
why 255's?...I have 275's up front. If anything i should put 275's on the rear....or it would it scrap?

i wouldnt put anything bigger than a 255 on your stock wheels. since your gonna buy m/t's for the rear just buy two more tires for the front...both front and rear being 255's. and no the 275's will not "scrap" i dont think.

the m/t's are great tires btw. they are awesome once they get warm....they hook like none other.

gt03mustang

Detailer
Established Member
If you put on a tire thats too big for the wheel then you wont get a maximum contact patch. See what size wheel they recommend for a 275 MT DR.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
gt03mustang said:
If you put on a tire thats too big for the wheel then you wont get a maximum contact patch. See what size wheel they recommend for a 275 MT DR.

Not to mention you burn the middle out way faster then the sides
Learned that the hard way...

JVENOM

Established Member
so basically they ain't no reason to drive 275's on a GT? from what you telling me. more tread on the street the better the traction?*

silvergt

I have the 275's on a 17/8, it bulges a little... but i like the look and i found them to hook pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread