M/T ET Street radial or ET Street Pro..?

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Looking at picking up 275/60/15's for the track.. I was looking at either the M/T radials, or the new ET street pro's. I have a set of 265/40/18 M/T ET street II's but they aren't hooking since I put my procharger on lol. Thanks for any input

gamebred26

Established Member
those pros are very tall...i hear sticky as hell. mt made them cause hoosier was kicking their ass in the x275 class. i have the et street radials 295/55/15s still trying to figure them out. 1.7 best so far. honestly if you want to hook the hoosier 325s are better prob go to them next. but they wont last long on a street car and forget it if you get caught in the rain.

Tunink

Established Member
The ET Street Radial Pro is an awesome tire. But if you looking for something that lasts for more than 25-30 passes I would go with a regular ET Street Radial.

The Pro also only comes in 275/60/15, which is fine for me, since that's what my car is set up for, but a car with less suspension/ability to tweak, could probably use a little more rubber for the forgiveness factor.

If you are looking for a similar tire, that does come in different sizes vs the Pro, I would look at the Hoosier Drag Radial (not the QTP), it's also a very soft compound tire, and they work very well.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
I'm not 100% on the size, just looking to hopefully get something to hook! With the M/T street radial II's my best 60' was 2.0... It spins all first and 2nd gear, even at 15psi lol.

gamebred26

Established Member
dont judge them on what you had on your 18's...sidewall makes a BIG difference.

Unrealford

Established Member
I'm not 100% on the size, just looking to hopefully get something to hook! With the M/T street radial II's my best 60' was 2.0... It spins all first and 2nd gear, even at 15psi lol.

MT Drag Radials, will only work as good as your suspension is setup and track conditions.
If your suspension isn't set right no matter what Drag Radials your on, there no going to work.

Mustang owner since 84

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
dont judge them on what you had on your 18's...sidewall makes a BIG difference.
Yea, the 40 series sidewall isn't big enough. Thats why i'm looking to run a 50 or 60 series on a 15" wheel.

MT Drag Radials, will only work as good as your suspension is setup and track conditions.
If your suspension isn't set right no matter what Drag Radials your on, there no going to work.

Mustang owner since 84

yea, i'm on my 4th mustang myself lol. I'm looking into UCA and LCA's and full length subframes as well.

Tunink

Established Member

It sounds like you have a suspension issue. I would get that squared away first. I recommend Team Z stuff (it's what I run). Definitely will need an Anti Roll Bar and some subframes. Once you start hooking some power, you'll start messing up your frame, and cracking windshields.

Users who are viewing this thread